:Genius: Chapter Two

Start from the beginning

“Now is your time to explain.”

“Ocyne, you have to go with them. The police got to your parents before our people could find them. You know the drill, this is a normal school to them, if we fight them they could bring the law into this.”

“And the law means reporters surrounding the secret school.” I muttered. My parents were both without siblings. Both grandparents had passed away years ago and the only people that could take care of me were Catherine and Mack, Catherine, who was older than 40 means that most agencies will not be comfortable with her adopting me, and Mack, who does not have the best background check thanks to his St Philips history, and he went into spy training.

I had no one liable to adopt me, and the police knew it. That meant one thing.

Orphanage.

When the police returned I was sitting outside the school. My three holdalls were by my side and my head was resting on my hand.

“Have you said your goodbyes, Miss Bostan?” The police officer asked. I ignored him. They placed me bag in the back on the car. They looked back once, and got in. I turned around, and suddenly there was girls standing in every window. Spy students were climbing across the wall, turning their heads to stare as I left. I smiled quickly, and got into the back. The next time I looked out of the window only two people were there. Lily, wearing all back, now standing a room near the top, her long blonde hair was out of its usual pony tail, it was flowing free down her back while a blue poke-a-dot bow was tied in her hair. It was my favourite style for her. I told her it made her look more innocent, more child like, but she always wanted to look fierce. Mack was standing on the top of the building. His loose jacket was flowing around him with the wind and his hair was obscuring his eyesight. He looked very dramatic.

“Don't worry, Jane, we've checked the place you're going to, it's really nice.” I glanced at the one who had spoken, but he was looking up at the old school. I followed his gaze. It was to the empty window, the one that maybe half a second ago stood my best friend, and my father figure.

We were Mcceath students though, we show our faces to no-one. We are spies, and genius' and we don't tell anyone that, not until we've left Mcceath. Mcceath is known by no-one but it's student and St. Philips.

“You're friends not saying goodbye?” The other cop asked, the one who was driving.

“They said goodbye already.” I stated flatly, and refused to talk any more as they drove.

It was weird sitting in the back of a police car. Having people glance in the windows with fear, curiosity or just plain disgust was not a good feeling. We had to stop in town to get petrol. Unfortunately, some of St. Philips were there.

The closest a 'Philips have ever got to the top of the ladder was #11 smartest person in the world. They couldn't hold much of a grudge for me, but still, they taunted.

"Hey, It's Mcceath 2!" Daniel shouted. We called each each other by our status. I was from Mcceath, and second smartest person, therefore I was Mcceath 2. He was Philips 11. yeah, he was the smartest in his school.

"Go read an Atoms for Dummies book!" I shouted. We laughed. Even though we were never best friends, we were kind of friends, they liked my books. Mcceath and St. Philips were basically cousins. Catherine, and their headteacher were siblings. It's been like that since Darling Mcceath founded the school after the death of her husband. Richard Philips was jealous, he didn't found the school, he spent his life trying to make a name for himself, he travelled the word, helping others. He was named a saint soon after his death. His son was Jonathan Philips. He was extremely sexist and decided men could do everything and more than women could do. He devoted his life to education and opened St Philips four years before he died.

I was the only Mcceath that could actually be in the same room with them and not end up trying to test a new rat poison I had made in science, or paralysing them from the spy techniques.

  The police were in the petrol station, and paying. I stood out of the star quickly and smiled at him. Daniel ran up to me and we shook hands. Like any nerds we had our own handshake, but it enveloped being the fastest person to reach the top of each others arm. I won, as always. He grabbed my hand.

"I heard about your parents. I'm sorry." Then he let of my hands, leaving something in them. I looked down and saw a beautiful necklace. It was a solid gold heart with a diamond in the middle. I flipped it over and saw it was engraved.

'The keeper' was written in cursive words. I laughed. He had bought me a gift that was 'Sin Paradise' inspired. I threw him a look.

“I thought you would like it.” he laughed.

“You're the same as ever.” He smirked.

“Don't ever forget it, love.” He grabbed the necklace back out of my hands and turned me around. “I don't believe Mcceath would let you slip through there grasp.” He clipped the necklace into place. I turned around and shook my head.

“Niether do I.” I glanced along the road, a couple of miles down would be the building I've called home for four years.

“I would watch myself, if I were you, Ocyne.” My eyebrows creased at his words. He never called me Ocyne, it was either 'Love' or 'Mcceath 2'.

"You're up to something, Philips!" I shouted, he was running over the road already.

"Yeah," He replied, with a laugh. "With you gone, we're better at Mcceath's at all physical sport, and were going to be in the top ten finally!"

"You wish!" I laughed. He looked up, and a frown flitted across his face. I looked over my shoulder, following his gaze.

"Say, your goodbyes, Jane, we have to go now." The driving police man said. He hadn't bothered give his name, nor had I ask it. At the sound of the unfamiliar name, Daniel snorted.

"Yes, Jane, Goodbye!" He howled. I scowled at him.

"It's Miss Bostan to you Philips!" I shouted and wound the window up.