-5-

Dedicated to analogically since her 'The Phone Buddy' was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (thank god for copy and paste x'D). I mean, all the people to whom I dedicated this story write perfect as heck and here I am, sitting (most probably lying on my mom's couch) and cringing at everything I write rofl. But seriously Artis, I loved the book. And btw, I'm thinking of stealing your name for my future book x

CHAPTER 5  ( f i n a l   c h a p p i e )

"You did amazing, Scar!" I yelled unmindful of the teasing grins and knowing winks.

Scarlett glanced at me and gave a small gentle smile that, just like that, brightened her whole face.

Two strands of black hair dangled as she made her way towards our seats.

"Outstanding as usual," Shawn said as he cleaned his mouth piece yet again, "but still far away to beat me."

Scarlett let out a laugh and I rolled my eyes.

Arrogant son of a biscuit.

"Shin!" Miss Bennett's voice called loudly, "you're up next."

Taking my trumpet out of its case, I strided towards the podium.

And guess what I played... yep, you guessed it right.

Gavotte.

And god, the blush on Scarlett's face when she heard the starting note was so worth it.

And the colour deepened when I winked at her.

Beside Scarlett, Shawn rolled his eyes and I tried to smirk as much as possible while blowing the trumpet.

I wouldn't say my performance was the best. I had given better performances than this but I could promise that this was the happiest performance I'd ever given.

*

*

*

A silly grin spread across my face as I heard the rain outside.

Shawn and I made our way outside of the music institution. Scarlett had already left since she had to reach home soon for some family thing.

"It's raining," I remarked and Shawn groaned.

"Dude, don't start anything sappy. I've already started to doubt your sexuality."

"Just shut up," I replied and let my eyes dart around when they froze on a certain figure with black hair.

Scarlett.

Shawn followed my eyes and looked at Scarlett. He shook his head and gave a once-in-a-blue-moon grin as he nudged me.

And as if God was hearing my internal screaming, right at the moment Shawn's phone rang. From his side of conversation, I could make out that his mother has asked him to pick his sister, Lucy.

"Want a ride hom-" I interrupted Shawn as fast as I could.

"NO! Ahem, I mean, why would I disturb siblings' quality time? You go. I'll take the bus."

Shawn got my head in a headlock and ruffled my hair.

"Don't get too lost in déjavú and live in reality," he whispered as he punched my arm.

With a 'See ya later', he was gone.

I glanced at Scarlett whose eyes were trained in front, a small smile on her pale face.

I went to stand beside her and coughed. She turned to me in surprise.

"Hi," I said lamely, "why are you still here? Didn't ya have that family thing to attend?"

She jerked her thumb at the rain and shrugged.

"Oh."

"So..." I dragged and she glanced at me, "d'ya want me to accompany you... home?"

She nodded her head hesitantly.

A big goofy grin stretched in my face.

You should really stop smiling this much. Even I'm weirded out by that!

As quickly as I could, I took a plain blue umbrella that I had bought the day I met Scarlett and opened it. I stretched it above our heads and jerked my head towards the rain.

Scarlett looked at me, eyes a little wide and mouth slightly agape.

"That day, you stood beside me with your umbrella over my head. And look where it took us," I said taking her hand.

I started walking, well kind of dragged Scarlett with me which isn't in the slightest bit romantic but what the hell, this is me.

"So... " I said after a few seconds, "this time, let me be the one who stands beside you with my umbrella over your head. I wonder where this will take us."

I even got the guts to wink at her and Scarlett laughed as she looped her hands with my lanky one.

Thus with the rain around us and a plain blue umbrella over our heads, we walked into the rain.

I love her. And I'm sure Scarlett likes me back too. I don't know where we'll end up but I know that at the moment, I'm happy. And maybe so is Scarlett.

So don't ever think that love cannot happen at unimaginable situations. Maybe the person sitting in the next table, stirring her or his cup of coffee maybe your love.

Okay, I know that I'm failing miserably to try and sound wise but all I wanted to say is that... all it takes is a boy, a girl and an umbrella to fall in love.

So next time, when someone comes to stand beside you with an umbrella over your head, just take the leap.

- THE END -

Wow, just now I realised my super mega talent to turn a story's ending very very veeerrryyy bad. That's the end. Like I said in the first chappie, this story was meant to be a one shot but because of my busy schedule I divided it into chapters.

But I really fell in love with Shin, Scar and SHAWN! (even Miss Bennett) and I'll miss them so much :(

Thanks for reading and staying till the end. Sorry for disappointing :(

Check out Is He A She?! and Letters to the Boy on Phone ^_^

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. LOVE.

With love,
Kavya.