The Last Beast-Lord

*Ferallas' POV begins*

This is a story about me. Well, it's not a tale so much as it is just me making an effort to keep my thoughts remembered to myself.

It's not actually written down anywhere. It's just being remembered by me and the people I come across.

Anyways, my name is Ferallas. I'm a female elf and I live in Mirkwood. I have no idea how I got here, who my parents are or how old I am. All I know is that I've been in Mirkwood for a long time.

I have long, white and slightly curly hair. My eyes...I do not know what they look like. My skin is pale and my legs are long. I've carved my own bow and crafted my own arrows. Although I have a weapon, I am a vegetarian.

This is because I have this strange...ability to communicate with animals and they can understand me. I can also shapeshift. I first discovered this when I was still a young elf. My first shapeshift happened when my parents died. It was agonising the first time I shapeshifted. But after I learned by myself how to control this ability, I discovered new ones and the pain was gone.

I can cast spells but I really don't use them very often.

Other Elves have tried to catch me. I've always eluded capture. I'm usually being sought after while I'm in another form. Although I shapeshift into ordinary things like horses, elks, bears and deer, I don't look ordinary.

First off, I'm always bigger. Secondly, my colour is pure white. 

The animals of this forest and beyond respect me. I help them survive and they, in return, help me hide and escape from the Elves. But, hey, that's enough about me for a while.

I stood in the forest and dropped to the ground. My bones crackled and fur sprouted all over my body. My bow is hidden in a tree and my clothes have disappeared. I grew taller and taller as I shifted into a large and proud elk with enormous horns.

A couple of squirrels scampered out onto the branch above me and chittered at me. I nodded at them.

I walked off into the forest on all four hooves. I clopped over fallen branches and sticks as I went. I breathed in the sweet and pure air of the forest then tossed my head.

In a flash, I was being tied up with ropes. I reared up and tried to escape from the Elves that were attacking. Three ropes were tied around my neck and my muzzle. I growled and tossed my head again. I reared up a second time and my hooves came crashing down very near to two of the Elves that held the ropes.

I bucked in the air and those Elves lost their hold on me. The remaining one called out and four more Elves, on horses, leapt over the bushes and secured more ropes around me. Once again, I was held with three more ropes around my neck. Two more were hastily, but securely, tied around my stomach. I reared up and flailed my front hooves but I was pulled back down by the Elves on horse back.

I grunted in defeat but continued to strain against the ropes while they led me away. I pulled back on the ropes but to no avail. I couldn't overpower them for now. The horses looked at me with saddened expressions in their eyes. I shook my head at them and just watched the ground.

We soon came to a beautiful Elven city deep in the heart of the forest. The Elves dismounted and their horses trotted obediently towards the stables. I reared up as soon as they left and pulled three Elves into the air. I shook the rest of the Elves (and the ropes) off then bolted down the wide walkway.

The Elves yelled out and gave chase. They are incredibly swift and light footed when they want to be. They almost caught up with me but I wasn't going to give in. I skidded around a corner and knocked a few Elves over.