Chapter one

Previously in the Cheshire Series....

Joker's screams rip through my ears when she lets go of my throat and clutches her face in agony.

"You want a future? How about the fact I never had a choice in the matter?"

She looks up at me. Her face a gruesome sight as finger and claw marks mar her pale skin and blood is quickly drying.

"You got everything!" She yells.

"You got a choice!" I scream back.

She lunges at me and we tumble backwards.

Instead of hitting a wall...we begin the journey through a gateway.

Traveling through a magic portal is no walk in the park

It requires you to scream and feel like you can't breathe. Easy peasy.

Not.

Some say that when you do travel through a portal, it takes a bit of your soul. Do I believe it? Yes. Yes I do.

Even now, haven been tossed and unwillingly thrown into several portals now, You'd think I'd have this down pat.

Where am I headed though? I have no clue. And what's worse is that a servant to the Red Queen, Joker, my sister is going through the portal with me. No no, what's worse is the fact that we might be going somewhere together and I really seriously hope it's not where I am thinking we're going.

However much I pray that it isn't, what has Karma ever done good for me?

The portal spits us out onto the hard ground.

Joker groans, trying to get to her feet, but with little success, ending up falling onto her back again.

Lying on the ground waiting for strength to return to my limbs, not wanting to make a stupid decision to cause myself more pain, my eyes drift upwards finding a canopy of trees and their green foliage above us shielding us from the sky above.