Chapter Six

Depuis le début

"Um, well you see... I don't think I should be the one telling you this."

"Why not?"

"Lexi I don't want to ruin our friendship by telling you something that's going to make you angry,'

"If you want to be my friend then tell me, please." I pressed. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"Why don't you go and ask him?" she offered. "It's nothing bad I promise."

"Fine," I huffed. "Where is he?" A bright smile covered her face when she realised that she had won. What could be that bad about visiting him, I mean it might give me a chance to punch him. Or scream at him.

"He'll be at the lake, here are the directions." She handed me a piece of paper with writing on and I stuffed it in my pocket.

"Ok, I'll be back soon just make yourself at home!" I called grabbing my car keys of the shelf.

"Will do!" She shouted back just as I reached the garage.

It took a good hour to get to the lake. By then it was starting to rain and I was starting to doubt weather or not he would be here.

I really hoped he was I had some lovely things I wanted to say to him. Yesterday he had hurt me by saying those things. Hurt me so much that I couldn't come up with a reply. But today I was ready. I was ready for what ever he had to throw at me.

He was going to see what a real bitch I could be.

Jogging up the path I felt the small droplet of rain fall down that back of my jacket making me shiver. 

When I made the clearing I was glad to see that he was here. Today was the day that this was going to end. He was going to learn that leaving me alone would make everything better. 

"Bentley!" I shouted watching as he turned around to look at me. Confusion crossed his face before he sent me smile. 

"Lexi shouldn't you be at home resting?" he began to walk towards me until we meet in the middle. Even in this cold weather he wore a simple white shirt and jeans. 

"Lets not act like you care, alright?" I told him holding my hand up to quieten him when he began to argue. "Bentley I don't like you, you’re a self centred arrogant cocky bastard. You hurt people until you get what you want. So what ever this thing that you have about me is, stop it. Stop talking to me stop acting like you want to get to know me because that's never going to happen. If you truly car about me then you would leave me alone.' 

“Have you finished?” He asked raising his eyebrows. I nodded. “Firstly I do care Lexi; if I didn’t then I wouldn’t have taken you to the hospital last night when you were passed out on the ground. I wouldn’t have even come to your house. If I didn’t care then I wouldn’t have gone to apologies for all the things I said to you. I wouldn’t feel bad and guilty that I was the reason that you drunk so much. Lexi if I didn’t care then I wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of helping you destroy your parents business. Secondly, you act like I’m the only one with problems. I might be a self centred arrogant cocky bastard but then what does that make you? Because as far as I know your either just as bad or worse.”

“I didn’t come here for you to express your feelings I came here to tell you to leave me alone. Stop with all the school stunts. I liked you a whole lot better when you were just the want to be bad boy that didn’t give a shit about anyone.” I shot back.

“I’m not going to let you do that. I’m not going to let you shut the conversation down because it’s one that we are going to have weather you like it or not. YOU don’t have to contribute you can just listen.” He paused for a seconds before continuing. “Lexi you’re different, you’re a girl that actually understand what its like to be different. You aren’t like all the girls that have it easy I can see that you’ve had it hard. But by pushing people away you are just making it harder. I might be a want to be bad boy but then you just a broken badass. You pretend you don’t care about anyone else, that you don’t care that everyone is scared of you, that your parents aren’t there. But with me Lexi you wouldn’t have to pretend. You could just be you.”

I waited for a second to make sure he had nothing more to say before speaking.

“You speak of the real me Bentley, you say that I can be the real me. Sorry to disappoint but this is the real me. This is what my life has made me become. I’m not going to change for you. Your right my life has been hard but I wouldn’t change it for the world because it’s made me understand the real things in life. It’s made me understand who is real and who’s just a really good actor.’

“So what you’re saying is that you’re not even going to see if I’m the good guy or the bad guy. With the little bit I knew about you I didn’t think that you were one to judge,” he stated.

“That’s just it you only know what the rest of the world knows and that’s barely anything.” I shouted hoping to shit him up. “Just give up already!”

“If that’s what you want,”

“Thank you,” He grabbed my arm just as I was about to leave turning me to look at him. “I guess this is goodbye then. If you want me to become the bad boy then that’s just who I’ll be,”

He let me go and stayed quiet as I left with the rain pelting down on me. I pushed down the feeling that I was doing something wrong.

I screamed out in frustration what was happening to me? I never felt guilty. Pounding my hands against my car I sunk to the ground. Enjoying the feeling of the rain drenching me.

Sitting there I thought about how my life had changed every since moving here.

I had made a friend that I actually liked.

I had pranked my parents and got them to leave me alone, after all. Whoop whoop.

And I’d also met a bad boy that said he’d change for me.

How cliché.

Now all we had to do was fall in love, and that sure as hell was NOT going to happen.

Lexi Dylan daughter of the millionaire Scott Dylan does not fall in love with anybody.

A/N

Another chapter will be uploaded REALLY SOON

I’m not really happy with this chapter, so I will probably go back and change it. Tell me what you think. Good or bad I want to know.

If you have any questions about the chapter ask and I will answer

I would love lots of comments please xxx

Talk to you soon