➳ Introduction

The air was warm as it has always been in King County, Georgia the only slight breeze that could be felt was actually not being enjoyed by Ana Grimes because that same breeze was the reason she was inhaling all the smoke leaving her friends lit up cigarettes. This was that type of situations that she did not enjoy at all.

    She knew the smell of that awful smoke would stick to her brown hair and it would be a pain to wash off and hide the smell from Lori as she got home. The woman actually thought Ana would be capable of putting that damn thing in her mouth, you'd figure she'd knew better than that.

    "I'm just saying a cigarette won't kill you Ana" one of her friends, the guy with the blond hair coughed out as he inhaled the smoke with a slight smirk on his lips "if anything it would help you loosen up"

    "yeah no thanks" she said waving her hand in front of her face trying to swat away at the smoke lingering around her face.

    "Her dad's a cop dude you don't want to push her" the red haired girl let out a laugh and winked at Ana, enjoying the little and true attempt of a joke she had made "you might end up in cuffs and getting spanked"

    "I don't think it's the right time to get all kinky" the girl on Ana's right, Nina, spoke smiling at Ana and slightly rubbing her shoulder with her hand. She was one of the few out of that group whom Ana truly trusted or felt any kind of affection towards, so Ana returned the smile for the first time in that day.

    The group kept joking around and blowing smoke on peoples' faces and Ana felt the need to leave once the blond guy started to joke around about burning his cigarette on the girls hair as if it was such a funny thing to say. She didn't really enjoy him but she also didn't enjoy anyone else on that school.

    Her train of thought was interrupted by her phone ringing in the pocket of her black skinny jeans bringing all attention towards her as she removed the phone from the pocket and looked at the screen with a scuff.

    Lori Grimes calling

    "what the fuck does she want now?" she whispered under her breath only sharing a look with Nina who shrugged her shoulders and got closer to Ana to try to listen to the phone call

    "what is it Lori?

    "Ana you need to come now it'-"

    "I told you I'm hanging out with my friends t-"

    "It's your dad Ana".

    And she stayed silent for a while as she listened to the other line of the phone not knowing what to do. She didn't even notice how Nina stopped listening to the call stepping back and telling the others to back off and leave them alone. She also didn't notice her friend calling for her as she ran to her black jeep and yanked the car keys that got lost in her backpack to open it in a rush.

    Her father had just been shot.

➳➳➳

She had never driven that fast before, she had never driven without turning on her music to the max. This time she was driving fast and the only sound she was hearing was the blasting sound of her fast heartbeat on her ear drums.

    Her dad had been shot and it was hard for her to process this thought.

     She knew it was a possibility, that this could happen due to him working as a cop but she never wanted it to happen or even think about it. But today it had happened and she had no clue what to do except driving to the hospital to go and see her father.

    Once she got there it was all a blur. Walking into the hospital everything seemed to be quick and chaotic for her as nurses were rushing from side to side with notepads on their hands and some people waited sitting on the blue hospital chairs. Some cried, some screamed she didn't know what else to do besides feel some sort of numbness taking over her.