chapter six: [blood smells]

Start from the beginning

"Hey-" I put out, laying my hand on Scott's shoulder. "You'll be fine. You're doing great as it is. It's not like you can take a werewolf class."

  "Maybe not a class." He nodded. "But a teacher."

"Who, Derek?" Stiles choked. "You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?"

  "Yeah, I know." Scott whined. "But chasing her, dragging to the back of a bus- it all felt so real."

   A distinct smell filled my nostrils, making my head spin around as I looked for the source. What was it? I laid eyes on police gathering around a bus.

And the back was covered in blood.

"How real?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the bus.

  "Like it actually happened." Scott said.

"I think it did." Stiles sighed, seeing what I was seeing. Scott turned around, his eyes widening at the sight of all the blood. It must be a lot if I can smell it.

   Scott suddenly sprinted away from us, bursting through the doors of the school. I quickly followed, catching up with him

"I'm sure she's fine." Stiles breathed out, as we started speed-walking with Scott.

  "She's not answering my texts." Scott panicked, making a turn down a hallway.

"It could just be a coincidence, right?" Stiles shrugged, before mumbling. "A seriously amazing coincidence."

  "Just help me find her, okay?" Scott rushed. "Do you see her?"

"No." I sighed. "Maybe she just-"

I was cut off when Scott ran into someone, making them drop their books.

  "You scared the hell out of me." A girl lightly chuckled.

Allison.

"You're okay." Scott smiled, helping her pick up her books.

  "Once my heart starts beating again, yeah." She nodded.

She noticed Scott staring, a lot more than usual.

"What?" She tilted her head.

  "I'm just happy to see you." He breathed out.

   "Attention students, this is your principal." The speaker barreled. "I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses. While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled."

The hallway let out a collective groan, before walking to their normal paths.

"Save me a seat at lunch?" Allison asked Scott, as she walked away.

 "Yeah." He nodded.

˛

"Maybe it was my blood on the door." Scott whispered behind him as we sat in Mr. Harris' class.

  "Could have been animal blood." Stiles suggested.

"You could've caught a rabbit or something." I shrugged, nodding at Stiles.

  "And did what?" Scott asked, genuinely confused.