Chapter 1

Draven's POV

                                                    Present Time

                I am supposed to meet Drake here right? That's what the text says at least, it doesn't make any since that he would be late for.

" Oh give him a break Draven. You should already know that he is taking care of his mother. Your cousing told you this already." Adam said messing with my things.

" Shut up Adam, I don't need your imput." I mutter under my breathe so people don't look at me weirdly.

" Yeah what ever brother, your the one who hasn't figured out why I'm still here." He shot back tiredly.

              I know that is true because he had died for his money and car keys. Killing him along with his girlfriend Kaylee. Nearly five years ago, five years tomorrow. I've been huanted by him since then, despite how I was happy then I am very annoyed now. I can't find what is keeping Adam here. Is he waiting for the murder to be found and arrested? But I don't have the time to do it for him because I am supposed to go to college with Drake. Who is 20, and still hasn't gone. But this begining year, we are going together, I am even supposed to drag him there if I have to. So here I am waiting for Drake while my dead brother harrasses me to learn to be more patient.

             Suddenly I saw a flash of something, when I turned to see what it was all I saw was Drake heading my way still in work uniform. He then takes a seat and gives the waitress his order then turns my way.

" Hey Draven, been a while. Haven't seen you since you were 12 and hanging around your brother and I." He commented tiredly.

           I see Adam stiffen and was looking behind Drake with amazed look. I shifted my eyes a bit to see a girl standing behind Drakes chair trying to straighten his shirt. She wore a lacey tanktop and underwear, her hair a mess. She has a sad smile on her lips, when she looks up her gaze goes straight to Adam.

" Hey you look firmiliar, that's right you were Drakes friend. You've grown quite a bit Adam, man you look like shit." she said picking up a conversation with Adam.

" You're one to talk, aren't you Cassie. His sister, I didn't know you died. Let me guess over dose on your last hit?" Adam said meanly, but as if trying to refain himself a little bit.

        She doesn't say anything just starts messing with Drakes hair, I try not to draw attention to myself so Drake doesn't start thinking I'm to weird.

" Yeah, so how have you been?" I asked taking a drink from my mountain dew.

" Umm, since I last saw you or for the past month." he asked pushing back his hair his hand going through Cassie's.

" From the last time we saw eachother." I stated truely wanting to know, especially since he is getting huanted.

" Well after you and Adam left some things at home started to get worst. Did you ever meet my sister?" He asked looking at me with numb eyes.

" No." I said trying to keep my eyes on him because now the girl was looking at me directly.

" Her name was Cassie and she had a drug problem you could say. Well it had gotten worse after you guys left because her beating got over the top. Dad was always yelling at mom, mom always drinking and taking out her anger on Cassie. So a month or two after you guys left, mom and dad had gotten into one of their worst fights so Cas and I went to our little safe heaven. But no more then two hours later the police found us and she told me to run as fast as I could. That was the last conversation I ever had with my sister. I found her dead in her bed the next morning laying as if someone had posioned her. So cold and stiff, they told us she died of an over dose. But I don't believe that, she knew her limits and she had made me a promise." he paused and took a a big drink from his water and cleared his throat." Two months after my sister's death dad ran off with another women leaving mother to drink even more of her sarrows away. Leaving me to pick up the pieces, so I got several jobs and took double shifts on all of them. Ever since then I have been saving up money to go to college and try to keep mom on her feat. So I guess you could say my life has been Hell, as much Hell it can get here on earth." he finished thanking the cute blond waitress and took a bite of his food.

" God man that's rough." I say noticing Adam now looked guilty for what he said to Cassie.

" Yeah, so here we are talking about it and how you are most likely going to drag me to college wether I pay for it or not." he said taking a bite of his food.

                                                                                Several Hours Later

          I am at Drake's house, sitting in some room full of boxes and a singaler bed. Yet the floors were stained whith old blood and spilled stuff.

" So, this is your little brother Adam? He sure has grown, I don't even remember ever meeting him." She said lying down on the bed besides me.

" Yeah, he's handsome isn't he? Kidding he is as ugly as the rough side of the barn." Adam said ruffling my hair and I try to act as if it was the wind.

" Nah I think he's pretty cute, to bad I'm dead and that I should be 22." Cassie said turning on her side and touch my side as if she was a long lost girlfriend.

" Um, I would apperate it if you wouldn't touch me Cassie. Especially with your brother in the other room." I say before I could stop myself.

" You can see and hear me?!"  she asked surprised.