The Same

Sasuke, Snake, Orochimaru and Kabuto all crowded Snake's space as she sat patiently on Kabuto's medical chair, they were preparing for her operation. Kabuto injected her with morphine and gave her two unknown pills.

Sasuke gripped his girlfriends' hand, "How are you feeling?"

Snake sighed, "Sasuke for the last time, I'm fine. I'm starting to think your more nervous than I am." Sasuke kissed Snake's forehead, she yawned letting the drugs take over. 

"The next time you wake up, you'll be able to see me, just as I see you, with the same eyes I posses; we'll be the same." Sasuke squeezed Snake's hand one last time and let Orochimaru talk to his daughter.

"Are you okay? Need water before you sleep? Are you hot, too cold-"

"Dad you need to quit your shit." Snake snickered, "I love you.." She mumbled before going out cold.

"Sasuke, Lord Orochimaru, I'll need you two to wait outside  until I'm done."

~

"It's itchy." Snake scratched at the bandages covering her eyes, Kabuto playfully slapper her hand away.

"Don't touch it, you'll ruin it." Kabuto glared at her.

"My face feels crusty." Snake began to rub at her bandages again only to have her hand slapped  by her father.

"You need to quit your shit." Orochimaru hissed, using his daughters words against her. She frowned and mumbled under her breath. Orochimaru pinched her cheek, "Say it louder, I dare you. You will fill the pinch for days." He released his fatherly pinch.

Snake kicked her legs childishly and scratched at the bandages impatiently. "I don't wanna wear them! I wanna see Sasuke!" Sasuke pinched the bridge of his nose and slapped Snake's hand away from her face.

"Don't touch." He grunted.

"Not you too Sasuke." Snake grumbled and puffed out her cheeks.

"We don't know if it worked, it was a fifty fifty chance Snake. Don't be heartbroken if when we take off the bandages later and you still can't see. But if it does work we have to use precaution, because remember these eyes wont last very long. A few years at most until we get the new pair." Kabuto lectured and took note onto a board. "We won't take off the bandages till I say so, so until then you may go about your day."

"What?" Snake said dramatically waving her arms, "You can't expect me to just go about my day!"

Kabuto grabbed her cheek as her father did not to long ago and then spoke, "Sasuke make sure she doesn't take off her goddamn bandages." He released his hold on her cheek. 

Snake rubbed her now red cheek, "Everyone is in a crabby mood." Her and Sasuke walked hand in hand out the door.

"You just keep pushing everyone's buttons today." Sasuke smirked at his annoyed girlfriend.

"Yeah well, you're dumb Sasuke." Snake hissed.

"Dumb for you." Sasuke looked at his girlfriend who blushed.

"That was cheesy." Snake turned away from Sasuke who always seemed to know exactly how to play Snake.

"Yeah I guess it was." Sasuke shrugged and pecked his girlfriend's cheek.

~

"Go ahead, you can take them off now." Kabuto said, Orochimaru and Sasuke watched in anticipation. Snake's finger twitched slightly.

"Can I do it by myself in case it didn't work. I'd like to be alone." Snake asked, the others looked at each other and left the room but stood outside. 

Snake sat in front of a vanity mirror, Snake let out a shaky breath of air and began to slowly unbandage herself. Slowly the gauze fell to the floor, her eyes close, scared. She'd been through this before, she'd be devastated if it didn't work. She scolded herself for being scared and forced open her eyes, her sharingan. She gasped loudly, something that didn't go unheard by the men outside the door.

Hot tears went down her pale cheeks, the men opened the door looked grief stricken at the scene in front of them. Sasuke coughed sadly, "I'm so sorry Snake, I know how much this meant to you."

Snake blankly stared in front of her, her lip twitched upward. "Why are you sorry?" The three shared a look of confusion before shook and happiness took over. She smiled at the mirror, she loved it. She loved the way her pale complexion clashed with dark midnight black hair. The way her new eyes looked strikingly back at her, she looked at the mirrors reflection and looked at Sasuke for the first time.

"Sasuke- I'm-" She was cut off by Sasuke's hand on her shoulder.

"You're beautiful, I know. I get to look at you everyday and now so do you." Sasuke whispered into her ear. She looked up at him, her father and Kabuto took that as a sign to leave. She looked at his Sharingan, they were the same. His dark black blueish hair, his equally pale skin. His beautiful lips, they way his nose curved slightly, it was like she had fallen in love all over again. 

"You're beautiful Sasuke." Snake traced his jaw, something she had done so many times, but this time she could really see. Snake smashed her lips onto his. "I love you Sasuke." She grinned.

He smiled back, pulling her into an embrace. "It's you and me Snake, forever and always. And now we're the same, we can have a family, and they'll have Sharingan. And we'll get married and then you'll be an Uchiha. It'll be great." He whispered, letting his emotion, something that only happened when they were alone. Rare if some one was on their presence.