I haven't been this angry since highschool. I need to calm down.

"I-I'm sorry Alpha. I didn't know, honest!" He says fearfully.

"I know." I sigh, finally opening my eyes. "I just wanted to let you know that if you EVER intend to hurt my mate again, beta or not, I promise you that the next funeral you will be attending is your own. Are we clear?" I ask.

"Yes Alpha!"

"Good. I'm glad I don't have to repeat myself. You may leave." With that said he hurrily exits my office.

Should I feel bad about the way I treated Damien? Maybe. Do I regret the way I treated him? No, anyone who hurts my mate doesn't deserve my manners or kindness. Whether it was intentional or not. I sit there thinking about my mate as I go through stacks of paperwork.

30 minutes later

Since the rogue issue and lack of food has both been delt with, it only took me 30 minutes to finish all of the paperwork that needed to be done. I decide to make my mate breakfast to start off her day as questions swarm through my mind. The main one being why my mate has been in the woods for so long.

Delilah's P.O.V
The usual sound of nature begins to wake me up. The tweets of birds, the loud sound of deer, the rustling of bushes. It's alway's been annoying to me yet comforting somehow. Just...knowing I'm not alone in these woods. I then smell a sweet, tangy, and woodsy scent that comforts me furthermore, but begin to panic when I realize the scent isn't familiar in these woods. I shouldn't feel this content, safe, and secure.

My brown eyes snap open, but my movements of looking around are slow and cautioned. Once I take a closer look at everything memories of the day before begin to rapidly flood my mind.

My mate, Derek.

With him on my mind, I slowly look behind me. No one's there. The thought actually saddens me a bit. I sniff the air to estimate how long he's been gone. From what I'm getting, he's been gone for a while.

The moment I think of leaving the oh-so comfy bed, the door opens to reveal my mate with an emotionless expression. Which I'm beginning to realize he has alot. "Good morning, my beautiful." With no expression on, the words sound professional coming from his mouth. As if recited a few times.

I look around for the pencil and notebook I used last night. "Why no smile?" I write messily, but lose the thought to show him it when the smell of food waft up my nose. There's a hint of smoke in the air, but I try not to pay attention to it

Pigs, eggs, and oranges? I think to myself. I forgot how well stocked the humans are with food! I think excitedly.

"I brought you breakfast in bed to start off your day." He says.

Mmm, I think as I stare at the food layed before me. Wait, what was I thinking again? Oh yeah!

I show my mate the notepad and he reads it aloud, "Why no smile?"

I not gingerly then use my fingers to make the straight line his lips are in into a smile. Derek actually chuckles to this, and holds my hands into his own. "When you're an Alpha you learn not to show emotion much." He says with a crooked smile showing his white teeth as he kisses my knuckles.

But you look beautiful when you smile. I think to myself. Is that the word for it? I decide to write the second question I've been thinking.

"What's an Alpha?" I write.

He sighs looking at my question. "There's a lot I need to explain, but eat up first. There's a lot I'll be teaching you today."

I do as told knowing I haven't had a proper meal as this in days.

Seconds of devouring the meal later...

"Buurrrp." A rumbling sound leaves my lips, and it's definitely not a growl.

Derek stares at me with the expression of shock clear on his face. "You sure eat a lot, I didn't think you'd finish that all."

"What, just because I'm little?" I grumble in a soft croaky voice.

My mate chuckles once again making my stomach feel funny again. Maybe it has to do with that mate bond thing.

"Yes actually, it's because you're little. My little vixen." He whispers the last part and grabs my crossed arms to pull me to him and kiss my cheek. "You're red again." My mate smirks.

I yank my arms away and glare at the floor.

Derek sighs, "Okay, I've got some explaining to do." He lays on the bed and pats the space nextcto him.

I comply and lay facing him.

(A/N: If you read werewolf books you know exactly what he is going to say so you may skip this part.)

After explaining werewolves and their ranks to her...

I've learned that mates are very important to one another and love each other to no end...unless they get rejected. As precious and heart warming as mates sound, being someone's mate scares me.

What if something happened to him?

What if something happened to me.

What if he tries to protect me and he dies? It would be my fault.

Wherever there's love there can also be hurt, and a lot of it.

What if I do something wrong?! I've never been in a relationship!

"Delilah."

What if-

"Delilah!" I hear my name shouted from the lips of my mate Derek.

I turn to face him.

"Calm down, it looks like you're thinking to much. I wish you could talk to me." His eyebrows furrow in what seems to be thought. "Delilah, I'm going to teach you how to speak. I just think you have to use your voice to get use to it. I mean you already know English."

I nod my head slowly.

"Okay lets get started."
****