Nine: Slumber Party

Start from the beginning

"Ugh, these files are encrypted," Charlie groaned, her eyes trained on her tablet screen. "This is gonna take a while. So... Takeout, sleepover, braid each other's hair?"

"I'm down," I said, holding up a finger, "but only if I get to braid Sammy's hair."

Sam gave me an odd look as he towered over me. A smile perked up the corners of his lips as he said, "I think I have a better idea."

Sam's idea was to watch Game of Thrones in his room. He had pulled in a big bean bag so that there would be seats for everyone. Dean and Charlie sat on the bed together while Sa  and I got comfy on the beanbag. I had no idea where they found the large, cushy seat. Apparently the bunker had everything that we could possibly ever need. Dean made sure that everyone constantly had a beer in his hands, placing a cooler full of ice and brews next to the bed. 

Sam's room was incredibly empty and undecorated. Boxes were scattered around the room. It was obvious that despite the boys living here for a year already, Sam had not unpacked and settled into his room. Compared to Dean's room, his was stark and cluttered.

"Wow, that Joffrey's a dick," Dean said, his eyes trained on the screen at the foot of Sam's bed as he took a swig of his beer.

Charlie's face lit up at the mention of the asshole character. She excitedly said, "oh, you have no idea! Just wait until he-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Sam shouted, interrupting the red head and we all turned our heads to look at him in question. "No spoilers, please. I haven't read the books yet."

"What? You read?" Dean scoffed, sending his brother an arched eyebrow and causing me to burst out in laughter.

Sam sighed before looking back up at Dean, his face void and his voice flat as he said, "Yes, Dean. I like to read books - you know, the ones without pictures."

"Nice one, Sammy. You really got him with that one," I scoffed, earning an annoyed glare from the older Winchester.

Charlie groaned as she adjusted her position on the bed, pushing herself up so that she was sitting up against the headboard. "Boy, there's a lot of boxes in here. You plan on moving in anytime soon, Sam?"

"I am moved in," Sam insisted, his eyes flicking to the unemptied boxes scattered throughout the room. His fingers played nervously with the label on his beer bottle as he said, "this is just my style."

Dean clicked his tongue, a tone of sheer distaste coming over his voice as he said, "Yeah, this is his, uh, style."

Sam glared up at Dean, who grinned down at him from the bed.

 "Well, I'm sorry I haven't put up the hang in there kitty poster yet," Sam snapped, throwing his hands in the air in exasperation. "Feel free to redecorate."

"I might take you up on that," I said, Sam's eyes flicking over to meet mine. "I'm a nervous cleaner."

My comment was ignored as Dean countered, "Is our home not good enough for the stupid kitty poster?"

"This isn't our home," Sam stated, his lips pursed. "This is where we work."

"What's the difference?" Dean retorted, a look of agitation on his face.

"Oh my god," I groaned. "Would you two idiots shut up? You're bickering like toddlers when you're both in your thirties. It's not a good look."

That was quick to shut them up. Both brother's pursed their lips and trained their eyes on the ground, avoiding eye contact with me. Like I said, toddlers. Charlie and I shared a look.

Legendary ➹ SupernaturalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara