The Meeting

Black. Just black. No light, no hope, no happiness.

Why did this happen to me?

I felt like I was falling into an abyss of darkness and sadness. Was this what hell was like? Or where even was I?

After what seemed like an eternity, my life flashed before my eyes. Memories of me and mother cooking for my brother and Dad, memories of mom and dad getting in fights, Dad and brother catching the Plauge, and then all of them dying.

What a short life I had.

I slammed on the ground, somehow not in pain or injured in any way. I look around, and I see a blue ish sky, and random things floating around. Whales, rocks, and water flowing upwards didn't help me get orientated.

Where was I?

-0-

What a poor hand fate has delt you.......

Who was that? I began to shiver and panic.

"Who are you??? Your scaring meeee....." The young me said squeamishly.

No answer.

I began to walk around, hoping to find the location of the voice I heard. This place consisted of stone islands: small and large, random things floating around, and different parts of places stopped in time.

One scene I saw depicted my family sitting at our table, laughing and having a good time. Here, I was only a baby, and my brother was no older than 10. The happy sight gave me a moment of peace, before I walked to the next island.

This one showed the moment I found my mom dead on the street, in third person, and me kneeling down at her side. I remembered this as if it was yesterday, and tears came to my eyes. Why did my mom die? What did she do wrong?

Poor child... Lost all her family, and then her own life... How sad...

There it was, that voice again... Who was that? I was getting sick of the unknown. I needed to know what was going on, what this place was, and who that voice was!!! I figured that if I kept walking, then I might find answers.

The final island was a still image of that moment right as I was executed by a Guard, showing the sword enter my puny body, and knocking the life out of me. I stood there, silent, then collapsed crying. None of this made any sense, so I broke down into tears due to stress.

I felt an ice-cold hand set on my shoulder.

I shivered, but too scared to look to see what it was.

Dear child, you have gone through the worst of the worst, and yet, you still prevailed. How is that? ... Even after you had no more family, you kept going, didn't give up. This is what makes you special.

I finally muster the courage to look over, and see a man in his early twenties, with white-as-white-can-be skin, all pitch black eyes, and black hair. I jumped back, and just froze.

Dear child, there is nothing to fear. I will not hurt or abandon you, unlike those foolish mortals. I know you must be dazed,I can help, but only if you allow me to.

He had a sincere yet startling look on his face, and since he was the only living one here, I agreed.

Good child. Trust me, this will change your life, you won't regret this.

I won't, I hope.

     -0-