Chapter 5: My ..... After-life

I open my eyes to the sound of a train. To the bed underneath me shaking. It occurs to me: I'm not breathing. I open my mouth and suck in a sharp breath, gasping for air as it enters my lungs filling my body with oxygen. I sit up fast, looking both ways. Where am I? My vision is foggy. It's black. I can't see anything. What had happened? I close my eyes and hit my head trying remember rocking back and forth. There was a man...who wasn't a man. A girl....who was melting? I could feel my own pulse rise as images of these people flash across my mind. The man ultimately pinning my weak body down...and then...

A sharp pain runs up my back. I scream loudly arching my back, flying back down on the bed. My vision clearing as I see a light sway back and forth. I keep screaming in pain though, it's increasing. I clench my teeth breathing air in sharp short air growling. I turn my side curling in a fetal position. It doesn't help. I feel something tearing. I sit on my knees, taking my hands and start scratching my skin. Digging my nails in my skin and tearing it. I could feel blood trailing down my body. I open my mouth and say words for the first time. "H-help! Help me!" I scream continue to scratch my back until I feel something hard. I grip it and pull on it. That hurts even more. "Oh my God please!" I take a deep breath and yank whatever it is out. I look at it, my hands shaking. A white feather coated with blood stares back at me. I throw it across whatever room I'm in and get out of bed, walking backwards until I feel a cold wall. I look up to the light still swinging. The pain so horrifying now, I can't even scream. I just clench my teeth together, taking in short breaths. I let out a sob turning to the wall and pressing my forehead against it as I feel my skin tear and my spinal cord realign. I find myself trying to push it out, moving my shoulders to try and ease the pain. And then, like a coke cola bottle shaken and the cap falls out, something tears out from my skin, a blinding pain making me collapse to the ground. I can feel beads of sweat run down my forehead. I groan hoarsly gasping for air, my body shivering.

"I wanna get in," A girl's voice says. "I wanna see her when she wakes up."

"She needs to see a familiar face. To ease the process." Who is that? A familiar voice...Adam's voice? "Gabe should be the first one in there." I stand up, my vision still blurred from the pain. I start walking to the voices.

"We can't wait for Gabe to calm down anymore. She's awake. Now." The girl argues in whispers, but like a hangover, even whispers make my head pound.

"Just... a little bit longer." Adam says in a soothing voice. "She needs to see someone familiar."

"Don't you even try that voice on me Adam." The floor is damp, cold. Everything was cold and damp. And dark.

"Where...am....I?" I whisper to the dark as my vision becomes clear. Still dark, everything was stone. I move closer to the voices.

"Honey...I.."

"No. Nuh uh. She knows you. She can handle this." The girl says opening the door. I jump back and grip the sheets before my eyes land on her. She was beautiful, blonde hair that looked white, violet eyes, she had a warmth about her. She didn't particularly match in this setting, as it looks like a toture dungeon. Her lips were red and her cheekbones high. Behind her, though two wings expand.

"W...Where am I?" I ask to her, confused as to why something so beautiful could be in a place so terrifying. She puts her hands up.

"You need to calm down," Adam says standing behind her, his blonde and violet eyes matching perfectly. He had wings too. It was strange, I can't say they were actually wings. They look nothing like them, they resemble wings, taking the shape of a dove's white wings...but they weren't made up of feathers. They were made up of light. I could probably stare at them forever if I really want to. So warm, so welcoming. And extremely terrifying.