Chapter 10: Decisions, Decisions

Beginne am Anfang

"Sheriff. What a surprise." Damon said when we got to the door.

"Sorry to bother you, but we need to talk." She replied, and we knew exactly what she was thinking about.

"Come in." Damon nodded and he led her outside to talk.

"Since when did Damon get involved with the police?" I asked looking out the back door watching them talk.

"He's trying to make us look like normal people in this town." Stefan replied listening in on the conversation going on outside.

"So don't you have to get to school today?" Stefan asked looking at me curiously.

"Hey, my best friend is leaving Mystic Falls. I'm going to say goodbye to him." I nodded with a smile.

"I don't think that's happening any time soon." He shook his head once Damon and Sheriff Forbes walked back inside. He let her out of the house and started walking back to us.

"Please don't speak like I'm not here this time. What did she want?" I asked suspiciously.

"What is wrong with you? You killed somebody?" Stefan exclaimed furiously grabbing Damon and pushing him against the door.

"Get off of me. A--don't touch me. B--if I had, I wouldn't have been so obvious about it. C-- There's another vampire in town." Damon replied pushing Stefan off and walking around him.

"That's impossible." I shook my head in disbelief.

"Obviously not." Damon shrugged starting to walk into the parlor so Stefan and I followed.

"Then, who could it be?" Stefan asked.

"Ah, what do we care? We're leaving anyway, right?" Damon shrugged making me frown.

"No, I can't leave now and you know that. How are we supposed to find this person?" Stefan asked approaching Damon.

"Let the adults handle this, Stefan." Damon replied simply.

"You're such an ass Damon." I growled making him turn towards me again.

"I'm only trying to help. So after we kill this vampire I'll never have to set foot back in Mystic Falls again." He replied.

"Whatever." I shrugged rolling my eyes watching him walk away.

"Hey, look at me." Stefan said turning me to face him. "Damon isn't in his right mind right now. Just let him do what he wants and we can do what we want."

"I know, he just irritates me." I sighed as Stefan pulled me in to hug him. "So I guess this means I get my best friend for a little while longer."

"Exactly." He nodded and I smiled brightly. "There's that smile we all love."

"Don't get used to it. With Damon around it doesn't come out too much." I sighed. "So I think we should go tell Elena after school."

"I don't know, maybe you should..." He nodded.

"Oh no, I'm not your little messenger! You are going to suck it up and talk to her." I responded.

"Fine. We'll go after school." He sighed walking over to get a drink.

"So what did you think of my birthday present? I asked as he handed me a drink and poured himself one.

"I love it." He smiled. "I've been writing in it ever since I received it."

"Perfect! I knew you liked writing in your journal so I decided to save up some cash and get you one of those fancy looking ones." I laughed.

"How am I ever going to top that?" He asked with a smile and I walked around him to sit on the couch.