Breakaway

Credit for the past memories and choice of song is one of my longest and dearest friends. I do not own Treasure Planet or "Breakaway", however I do own Sophie Pennant and her story :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holding back a giggle, Sophie and Jim were playing with Morph - her more than him. Morph then suddenly turned towards Jim with Sophie banging into him - they both fell onto a heap on the floor with red cheeks but Morph, having the last laugh, turned into a cream pie and smashed into the blonde's face. The teenagers laughed loudly, the male sitting up with her still sitting ontop of him while she brushed off her face - they stopped laughing when they made eye contact, Morph transforming into a little heart just behind their heads. "Jimbo! Soph!" Silver called, both teenagers scrambled to their feet trying not to laugh as the cyborg lectured them.

The girl, in a pretty dress, made of green silk- her family's colours- stands with her parents; as another well-off family present their young son. The boy's mother gushes over the young blonde, cooing over her perfect mix of genetics, and the couple are taken aback by the picture of sheer innocence the young Sophie paints. The boy's mother speaks of high hopes for the betrothal of the two children. Sophie's parents seem far less keen- love should be found by the individual, not arranged for them, as far as Ben and Fianna are concerned.

Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I prayed I could break away

Five year old Sophie sat in her room; the girl peered over her textbook, to look at the dress she was to wear. It was in her family's shade of green, and she sighed softly- not wanting to wear it, and at the same time, she felt a disdain over it. Sophie found she did not like wearing the colour at all, but she thought it unnecessary to bother her parents over the matter; her mother had bought the gown especially for the nights occasion.

Sophie sighed a little, legs hanging over the edge of the ship as she watched the passing Eithrium. She missed her parents terribly, often on voyages she would take time out to think about them. Unconsciously, the blonde began to play with her simple necklace - not remembering when she received it, it was special to her. "I miss you." She whispered, eyes focused on two stars that were close together.

The crew were in a panic; the cannons roared loud in the girls ears. Sophie, six years old, looked around herself in fear, as the pirates got closer, beginning to board the ship. Strong arms wrapped around her, and her father picked her up, holding her close, and rushing her into one of the cabins. He was flustered, as he sat her down. "Stay here, and hide, Sophie! It'll all be okay! I promise!" He said, before running out the room, shutting the door closed behind him. The young girl whimpered, but did as she was told, hiding herself in a closet, waiting for his return...but he never did...

Jim had noticed Sophie was distant, he was curiously worried - she wasn't a girl of many words but that didn't bother him, what did - was the glassy look in her eyes that he had grown to see a lot more. Now and then, he'd send a smile her way, sometimes her eyes brightened and she would send a gleeful one back - Silver occasionally noticing and nudging the brunette with a smirk.

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

Sophie giggled, as Amelia and her jumped around the room; acting out a dashing tale of adventure- the younger girl feeling an excitement, as her role was the first mate in the re-enactment. They had set up her toys as the crew, and Amelia would give an order to Sophie, who would then relay the information to her toys, and made them move to do as commanded. The little girl wondered and hoped that someday, when she was all grown up, if she could really go on an adventure with her godmother.

Silver had invited both her and Jim to test out the longboat, smiling sadly at Jim and patting his shoulder softly when the smile left the boy's face. She didn't know why the smile had left his face but she wanted nothing more than to see it again, he grasped her hand for a second - letting go when Silver returned and beckoned the pair on. With a grin, Jim jumped down and caught Sophie - who gracefully jumped afterwards. The blonde was in awe of Jim's knack with machinery, knowing how to work the longboat without Silver's instruction. She laughed and held on to the boat but let go and let her tanned fingers run through the starlight trail.

Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get onboard a fast train
Travel on a jet plane, far away (I will)
And breakaway

Sophie's little bright, blue eyes widened in wonder, as she looked at the map with her father. He was showing her the many trade routes he travelled along, going to all manner of exotic and wonderful planets. He smiled warmly and kissed her dirty blonde hair as she trailed her little finger along the drawn out lines, as though memorising each little detail, wondering when she herself would get to go too.

Jim was sitting on the step with a mug of hot tea, Sophie sitting on the step below him with a purp - both watching Silver's dramatic story telling. The blonde laughed making Jim cast his eyes down to her with a grin, the cyborg winked at the male teenager - his feelings obvious for the blonde. Instead of stubbornly denying Silver's encouragement - Jim held his mug up with a smile. Sophie stood up and left the room, Jim smiling after her - since he found out that Sophie was not courting with anyone, he was on cloud nine and allowed his feelings to grow for the cultural advisor.

Buildings with a hundred floors
Swinging around revolving doors
Maybe I don't know where they'll take me but
Gotta keep moving on, moving on
Fly away, breakaway

Sophie's breath was taken away as she walked into the grand building; the fleet academy was a real sight to behold, the place built with so many rooms and buildings, and she wondered if she would ever find her way around it! Clutching her books to her chest, she smiled softly, looking around and observing the many bustling and busy students. The blonde knew at that moment, that she would study hard, and she would make it onto one of the fleet. There was a whole universe out there, and she was going to do whatever it would take to go see it.

I'll spread my wings
And I'll learn how to fly
Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget the place I come from
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway, breakaway, breakaway