Chapter One- Skinny Dipping with a Stranger

Start from the beginning

My breath hitches as he asks the question, already stripping of his clothes. Dropping his shirt next to my pile of clothes, his outline continues.

            “I…I-I do mind, actually.” I finally say, turning away from him, focusing my gaze on the opposite shore. I try to steady my breathing into a constant pattern, rather than the short unnerving gasps I was previously using.

            “Too late…” the beautiful male voice whispers in my ear, directly behind me. I slowly turn around and glance over his shoulder, a much larger pile of clothes now exsisted. I mumble something under my breath as I slowly swim backwards from the alluring boy. Since I couldn’t tread water and cover myself, I figured not dying would have to be my choice today. This is also me depending on that fact that he can see nothing.

            “What was that you said?” he questions, swimming closer to me, not giving me the space I so dearly want in this situation. I quickly clear my throat and stop swimming away, instead I focus on not letting my heart leap out of my chest. It slams against my rib cage, so loud that I’m nearly sure he can hear it.

            “I said,” I clear my throat again and try to focus on his face. Only dark outlines and a hint of white…a small smile on his face. A young smile of someone my age. “This was not how I planned on the night going.” The once small sliver of light widens, stretching into a full blown, breathtaking smile.

            “Well, plans change, don’t they, beautiful?” he lightly asks me, swimming just a hair closer. My eyes narrow as he calls me that, it is pitch black out here, how can he see anything? Turns out, I accidently spoke out loud.

            His smile dips into a smirk as he responds, “I’ve never met a girl who isn’t beautiful.” Well, he’s smooth, definitely wooed a few girls. An eyebrow shoots up at this slick compliment.

            “Well, well, well…somebody spends too much time on the internet.” I sassily say, my own smile appearing in a gigantic proportion. A pair of broad, muscled shoulders move up in down in the water in a shrugging type of motion. I’m sure that if I were to put my hand on his shoulder, I would feel muscle; but considering the fact that we are both butt naked, that’s not such a good idea.

            A heart warming chuckle sounds from the figure in front of me, he obviously finds humor in my statements.

            “So why are we skinny dipping.” he suddenly asks, small ripples flowing away from him as he treads water. My own ripples bend and mingle with his as my body works as one to keep me afloat.

            “I’M skinny dipping because I can. I have no idea why you are.” I say, trying to shrug as I tread water. It basically failed. I have no idea how he did it.

            “I saw a naked girl…I really wasn’t going to turn that offer down.” Aw-kward. Thank you so much for admitting that to me, random stranger I met 5 minutes ago. Then a smile slowly covers his face, meaning he’s either joking (probably not, he’s a guy), or he was hoping to get a rise out of me. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was both. So instead of saying something smooth and mature, I ended up with…well…

            “When was the last time you got laid?” I mentally slapped myself. At first he didn’t say anything, and that made me extremely nervous. Then he started laughing. It was a deep, loud, comforting, inviting sort of laugh. I was way too embarrassed to join in.

“I can’t believe you asked me that.” he says, just as he finally regains control of his laughter. I can’t believe I asked him that either. “Do you really want me to answer that? Because I’m not going to lie to you, after all, we did just meet.” That’s just dandy. NO, I DON’T WANT HIM TO ANSWER THAT! “It was probably about two months ago.” And if I thought I had any innocence of the mind left, it is now all gone. He swam a little closer to me. Close enough that something touched my leg. I take it back, NOW it’s all gone. I swim back and try to ignore it, especially since we just met. This isn’t usually how I meet new people. I’ve never been in this situation before.

“What’s your name, love?” the creepy, probably hot, not-being-laid stranger asks me. My mind scrambles for an answer to his question. My name?

“Georgia Rose.” Oh. My. Gosh. I did not just say that. Did I really just tell him my name was Georgia Rose?! I try to refrain from cringing, after my favorite book character? Really, Elle? Who seriously has that name? Maybe I can quickly change the subject before he notices. “AHHHH! HELP! SOMETHINGS GOT ME!” I scream as a something touches my foot, slithering and wrapping around it. I start splashing in panic, causing me to stop treading water and basically sink. “AHHHH!” I continue screaming as the slimy thing continues touching me. The stranger grabs under my arms and pulls me towards him, away from the object that is trying to kill me.

            His attempt to save me did not work. It stayed on my foot…and of course I continued screaming.

            “Shhh! Stop screaming, please! Someone will hear us! And we both know this is a private lake!” he says, gently trying to plead with me. My screams of terror then die down to whimpers. I pick my foot up out of the water, still attempting to keep the rest of my “goods” out of view. I turn my head away as he examines my foot. His warm hand encases my foot, prying off whatever was trying to kill me. A sigh of relief releases itself from his body, a small chuckle soon follows.

            “Am I going to die? Is it off? Did you kill it?” I ask in a stream of questions, not stopping to take a breath. He chuckles again before answering me.

            “I think you’re going to be okay…” he pauses, chuckles again, and then continues. “Thankfully, seaweed is not dangerous.” In that moment, I swear to you that if I could disappear, I would. I pull my foot out of his hand and put it back in the water. I shake it off and put on a regal air.

            “If I would have died, there would have been tons of liability issues. You would have been sued.” at first he doesn’t say anything to my pathetic attempt of a cover up.

            “Yeah, I hear things get pretty serious in these seaweed cases.” I can hear the smile in his voice. I try to scowl, but it morphs into a smile instead.

            “You have a beautiful smile.” he says, still trying at the whole flattery angle.

            “O-Kayyy…” I awkwardly say, glancing away in an attempt to make this situation less weird. It is kind of hard to do considering the fact that we’re both naked in a lake with a random stranger. Yeah, there are totally ways to make that not weird.

            “Is your foot OK?” he asks, swimming close. Close enough to feel his breath on my face. I glance up at him a little, trying not to make things awkward. Then things get weird, because it touches me again. I then take this as my clue to leave. I quickly swim around him and make quick strokes to the shore. He didn’t even see it coming. I climb out and try to completely ignore the fact that I’m mooning a complete male stranger. I slip a shirt on and a pair of shorts, I grab some other items that feel like my undergarments, and started running.

            “WAIT!” I freeze and turn around to look at him, he was still completely in the water, and he’d barely moved an inch. “Don’t you want to know my name, Georgia Rose?” he asks, causing me to cringe even more than the last time, even though the strangely old fashion name rolls off his tongue.

            “Nope!” I holler back, “I’m just going to continue referring to you as the really hot stranger I skinny dipped with!” I yell back at him, mentally slapping myself, I turn around, and run.

            It wasn’t till later, when I had gotten home, closed the door to my room, and turned that light on, that I realized I wasn’t wearing my shirt. It was white with blue horizontal stripes. It was worn, like someone’s favorite shirt that had been run through the wash to many times. It smelt incredible and it was so soft. I pulled the shirt off and folded it, hiding it in the bottom of my suitcase. Maybe one day we’ll meet again and I’ll return it to him.