Chapter 23: Forgiveness is a Virtue

Начните с самого начала

            “If she doesn’t want to talk about it, how do you three know about it?”

            “Izzy told Liz and me. I’m guessing she told Jake.” I just nodded.

            “Well, if Izzy told you then it’s already being told by someone so why not just tell us?”

            “Because Izzy is involved in it too. Just please promise me you won’t ask her about it? And please delete that video. For me. Please Matt.”

            “Fine.”

            “What about you Chad?” Liz spoke up again.

            “I won’t say anything. For you. I promise you Liz.”

            Good. Now that is settled. How about we go get some lunch? We’ll meet you in ten minutes in the lobby.”

            They turned and left. The door closing snapped me back to reality. I ran out to the hallway. “Liz. Amber. Thank you.”

            They smiled and kept walking. I went back in the room to get changed.

            We went out to a diner down the street. Everyone was laughing and enjoying themselves. But something wasn’t right and I knew it. I was trying to remember last night and I could remember some stuff. Like calling Austin, but then I remembered something else about the call. Rikki was in the back ground. And Austin probably told her I was drunk. Crap. I need to talk to her. I need to explain.

Rikki’s POV

            UMass Amherst is amazing. The campus is gorgeous. But the whole day has been ruined by last night.

            He was drinking. He had agreed with me when I said alcohol is a dangerous thing and should be avoided.

            “Rikki? You okay?”

            No. But that is nothing new.

            “I’m fine.”

            “No you’re not.” I looked up at him in disbelief. He saw through that? How many people every day fall for that but he doesn’t. “Is it because of Jake?” How does he know everything? He really needs to stop being so observant.

            “No.”

            “Sure, it isn’t.”

            “Just drop-” I didn’t finish as my phone started ringing.

            “Hello?”

            “Rikki, can we talk?”

            “Jake? I-I don’t know.”

            “Please. I was stupid and I know you know about last night. I learned my lesson. I don’t know why I did it but please forgive me. Believe me when I say I am never drinking again. The hangover was awful.”

            “You promise?” No. You can’t forgive him for this. He lied to you. He already said he wouldn’t drink.

            Bu you lied to the band and they forgave you.

            But that was different.

            A lie is a lie.

            But…

            You lose. Forgive him.

            “Yeah, I promise.”

            “Alright.”

            “So, what are you and Austin up to?” Umm…

            “Oh, you know. The normal stuff.”

            “Like?”

            “Just hanging out.”

            “Oh. Rikki, what are you guys really doing?”

            “Umm…”

            “You’re a terrible liar. I don’t know how the band believed us for so long. But what are you guys up to?”

            “Don’t be mad I didn’t tell you. Okay?”

            “Yeah. Alright.”

            “We are looking at colleges. I’m going to done with high school by this time next year.”

            “Wow. How?”

            “I have been doing extra work and basically I just speed up high school.”

            “Oh.”

            Neither of us said a word for a few minutes. Awkward.

            “So… How’s Cleveland?”

            “Good. Umm, hey. I’ll talk to you later. Okay?”

            “Yeah. Bye.”

            I hung up and Austin came over. “So you told him.”

            “Thank you captain obvious.”

************************************************************************

Another chapter. It’s kind of short. I just couldn’t focus on this. I don’t know if Irene will knock power out or not but I’ll try to write some over the weekend. Song on the side is Karma Chameleon by Culture Club. Awesome song and video. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the chapter. I just love it. Anyways… Thanks for reading!

            -Siobhan