37: Ice Breaker

This is not my idea, I repeat this is not my idea!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will take this imagine down if the original author wants me to, I'll agree 17266491674990000183%. The original author is @shawnsblunt so go check out her imagine book as well. Again this is not mine I just loved the idea.

Y/N's POV:

"Come on, be nice." I glare at my dad.

"Absolutely not, he left you for a couple months." He growls.

"Dad, he was on tour, oh my gosh. Not to mention the fact that I was with him for half of it! I actually like this one so be nice." I retort, almost reaching out and smacking his arm. He complies with another grumbling sigh and we walk back out into the dining room.

I sit next to Shawn, and my dad sits the exact opposite of Shawn. Instead of trying to make conversation like my mom is, he proceeds to give Shawn the longest stare down ever. I can tell Shawn is getting kind of uncomfortable, even though he is freely telling my mom about the tour process. I reach over and grab Shawn's hand underneath the table.

"Daddy, can you please pass the butter over here?" I mumble, trying to get my dad to stop looking at Shawn. Both him and Shawn reach out at the same time to get the plate with the butter on it. The second my dad realizes this, he throws a disgusted glare in my direction.

"Are you kidding me?" He asks angrily. I had told Shawn to watch out for this specific thing. I've always been my dad's little girl, and so I call him 'daddy' even though I'm way past the toddler stage of my life. Plus, I use that on occasion when I want something that my mom said no to.

"I-uh..." Shawn stutters, trying to save the situation. I can feel the heat rising up in my cheeks, and I reach out with my free hand and grab my glass of water, taking a huge, uncomfortable drink. I look over to see Shawn messing with his drink too, drawing circles on the condensation on the glass.

"Y/N, can I talk to you? Like outside please?" Shawn clenches his jaw. I gladly take the chance to get out of there, pretty much running out the front door. 

"What the heck was that?" I ask him the second the front door shuts behind us. The only two things to do right now are to either cry or start laughing, and both of us end up choosing the latter at the same time. Shawn ends up doubling over in laughter, and I have to lean up against the bricks to stop myself from falling over.

"I'm sorry, babe. I really wanted him to like me, and I just wasn't paying attention." Shawn takes a deep breath, but we only end up laughing even harder.

"It's okay." I finally stop laughing, taking deep breaths to calm myself down. Shawn smiles.

"Let's go fix this. We can easily just say I misheard you." He opens the door. I look up at him right before we walk into the dining room.

"What a great ice breaker!"

////////////
A/N:

Again I totally used some one else's idea, but I loved it so... Go check out the original author's story! Vote, comment, and share! Let's get it to at least ten votes!!!!

QOTD: What is your favorite Disney/Pixar movie?

AOTD: Oh that is a toss up between Inside Out and Wreck It Ralph. I can't choose!