chapter 4 - The Engagement Part

A/N - we have skipped a few weeks so that I could do an engagement party and so that Carla's bump was becoming more noticeable and it fits with what she is wearing in the picture because its not too tight  

It was the morning of my engagement party and I awoke to an empty bed which was unusual because nick was the one who never wanted to get out of bed and he was the one who always used to pull me back into bed reminding me that I was the boss at work and so was he so we had the permission to roll in late and that is what I planned on doing today only nick wasn't by my side to do so. I got out of bed and noticed that his robe was still on the back of the door...so I put it on instead. Questions were running through my mind as to why he wasn't with me. I thought this day was supposed to special. why wasn't he in bed. why was his robe still on the back of the bedroom door. had he been gone long. where was he . was he having second thoughts and left. I opened the  door slowly hoping that he was in the living room or kitchen. No sign of him. I walked over to the kitchen top, there was a note with my name on it, it read 'dear Carla I have just popped to the bistro to check that everything is ok for tonight and i will pick you up a bacon roll with brown sauce from Roy's love you 'Nicky'. How sweet he actually called himself 'Nicky' just for me and he was picking up breakfast for me too I couldn't ask for a better fiancé. When he returned I planed to be still in bed hoping that I could make him join me for what I had planned to do when I first woke up...

He returned about ten minuets later with two bacon roll's and two coffees, because he didn't know how to use my 'posh' coffee machine. I was in the bedroom in bed as I planned. "Carla you up baby" I herd him shout but I didn't reply because that way I new he would walk into the bedroom and I could start working my magic. He walked into the bedroom to find me still under the covers."What are you still doing in bed". "Well what are you doing out of it...um..." I looked at him with passion in my eyes and I bit down on my bottom lip. He just couldn't say no to me. I got onto my knees and grabbed his tie and pulled him onto the bed and closer to me. Our bodies were now touching as always I relaxed and kiss him passionately. My plan was working. Sure enough we succeeded and had a hour of intimate time together.

I walked out of the bedroom fully dressed and ready for our engagement party. Nick had gone to his flat to find his 'best suit'. I herd the door open and nick walked in I was in the bathroom putting on my make-up. "Carla you ready yet!" "Yeah just give me two mins I have to put my shoes on." "Ok hurry up were going to be late to our own party." I walked out of the bathroom and nick looked over his shoulder at me and slowly turned around, his face suddenly dropped in astonishment I'm guessing, but he couldn't find words to explain his face. "You ok baby" I asked trying to keep my laugh in. "yeah...you look...stunning baby...o..m..g". "you don't scrub up so bad your self Tilsley" I gave him a quick kiss and grabbed my coat and bag and headed for the door.

We arrived at the bistro hand in hand just in time before all the guests came flooding in. I knew I would have to make conversation with people even Gail, but I managed to busy my self getting drinks for people and just making deep conversation with chelle because one I didn't really want to talk to anyone and two because Steve was in Spain so she was on her own, well apart from Johnny, Kate, Aidan, Liz, me.. you get the picture. The night went pretty fast to say the least and it was time to make a speech. I got my glass of sparkling water and tapped a spoon against the side grabbing the guests attention."excuse me everybody erm we just want to say something it won't take long will it" I looked at nick for reassurance, he nodded his head in response "erm we just want to  thank you all for coming really you know and-"  nick cuts me off and says "and we hope you can join us next year when we officially become Mr and Mrs Tilsley" Gail then pipes up and states " imagine it ", "I herd that Gail, anyway er that's all we want to say really and just to make a toast to a very short engagement but a very long marriage umm " I kissed nick and that's when I noticed that nick had his had and my small bump and people were beginning to put two and two together and work it out so I whispered in nick's ear "I think we should announce our other news because people are looking suspicious" "Ok" he whispered back. "whilst we have your attention there is more news we would like to share with you, as some off you may have already guest the reason Carla is on the sparkling water is because she is in fact pregnant with not just one baby, but three " "aww congratulations" the guests say in unison. once we had done our speech the night was pretty much over before I knew it and the bistro was practically empty apart from nick's staff me and him, Chelle, Kate and Liz. We all chatted away and thought about when the babies come.

Me and Nick left Steph to lock up and headed home on the way home I told Nick that he should permanently move in so that we have a proper family when the babies are born, and that way he doesn't have to live with his sister and niece. he kissed me at the kind thought and picked me up and spun me around until we reached Victoria court and we headed up into the flat and straight to the bedroom to repeat the same as this morning only ten times more special.  

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed it. In the next chapter there will be more speech. constructive criticism is always welcome. apologies for any grammar or technical errors don't forget to leave a comment and vote <3