chapter 3 - The Scan

I slowly awoke to the light sound of nick snoring. It wasn't the annoying type it was the calming relaxing type the made me love him just that bit more. Suddenly I got the urge to vomit. I jumped out of bed and ran straight for the bathroom. I got there just in time. I felt a warm hand start to rub on my back, then I felt another hand grip my hair and pull it back so it was out of my face. I knew it was nick and I thought to my self what a man I have actually got one worth keeping and I know he will be an ace father to our child. I stood myself up and looked in the mirror, I was a mess I need to freshen up...

It was 10:30 and the scan was a 11:00, I shouted to nick how was in the bedroom still getting ready "We need to get going to the hospital if you want to see baby C" "Ok ok calm down stress isn't good for the baby now is it" I giggled he always new how to lighten the mood even on my darkest days that's another thing I love about him.  We came out of the flat and down to the car, as I was about to get in the car nick wrapped his arms around my waist and put kisses in my hair. I relaxed as I always do when I feel him touch, although I didn't know I was tense. Where as Nick could always tell when I was tense, and it didn't take a genius to work out that I was scared because of what happened to my baby girl last time round. I have Nick though know I know that as long as I have him by my side I will be perfectly fine no matter what the out come.

"Carla Tilsley" the doctor shouted out from the room into the waiting room. "That's us " nick stood up and grabbed my hand "how come you checked yourself in as a Tilsley " "erm... I wanted to test it to see how it sounded that all" he winked at me as we entered the room. I sat my self down on the bed and lifted my top. Nick sat beside me his hand in mine and his other in my hair. the doctor wanted to ask me a few questions, I knew I would have to talk about my baby girl and nick new I didn't like to talk about her to anyone other than him and Chelle. "Hi Carla I am Charlotte and i am going to be your midwife throughout your pregnancy, if you have any problems don't be worried to just phone up using this number" she gave nick a letter with all the information in it. "Carla have you had children before" there was a long pause "erm... I miscarried in June 2014."  "oh  I'm so sorry " I looked at nick with tears brimming in my eyes. he new I was scared so he tried to comfort me by rubbing his thumb over my hand.  "Right Carla this my be a bit cold" Charlotte put the cold jelly on my belly and began the scan. there was silence in the room for about five minuets until she spoke up "I am just going to call my supervisor in to have a look for me." I turned to look at nick tears falling down my face like a river he new that I couldn't loose another baby I wouldn't be able to cope. The supervisor nurse cam into my room and introduced herself to me and nick. "Hi Carla my name is holly and I am Charlotte's supervisory nurse I am just going to take a look at your baby." everything went quiet then holly stood up and took Charlotte outside for a chat. after about ten minuets Charlotte cam back in with a smile on her face. that made my slightly less tense. "Right Carla the reason I called for holly was to discuss whether or not your skin will be able to stretch so much because It will be a very big bump." I looked at nick he then said "why, is the baby big!" Charlotte's smile grew even bigger. " Babies and no they as small which is what they should be around this time!"  "ba- bab- babies, I'm  having twins!"  "no Carla your having triplets and your pregnancy is one of the rare one your-"  "what do you mean rare is that bad"  "no its very good actually it means that all three of your babies have there own placenta which means that they don't have to share the same food, but it also means that your will have un-identical triplets because they are all in there own placenta." "nick how are we going to do this" "we just will!" he said and I believed him "Right Carla do you want to hear all three heartbeats" "yes please!" after hearing all three heartbeats we got six photos one set for us and another for Chelle.

When we returned from the hospital I ran straight for the pub to find Chelle, nick followed behind me. I entered the pub and Chelle new it was go news from the smile on my face. she led me and nick into the back room. "well what's the verdict then" " Were going to have three new Connors running around this place" "OMG three... "yes three and they all have there own placenta so they are going to be un-identical so I makes it easier for me I suppose!" "CONGRATULATIONS" "thanks Chelle!" I turn to look at nick who is smiling at me, "what" "oh, you know when you said we are going to have three little Connor's running around" "yes" "well what if I can change that..." nick got down on one need in the back room of the rovers in front of me and Chelle and said "Carla Connor you are the best thing that has happened to me and I can't wait until the three little'ens are born. I want us to be a proper family will you and the babies become Tilsley's and MARRY ME!" I started to cry and so did Chelle, it was so so cute how could I possibly said no to that "yes...yes...yes " he got up and place a big rock and my finger and put his hands on my stomach and I wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him passionately. 

We left the pub and head home for a special engagement 'cuddle' in the bedroom... 

Thanks for reading hope you like it, comment and ideas you may have to improve the story constructive criticism always welcome don't for get to vote appoligies for and grammar or technical errors  X