Chapter one: Zachary Martinez

1

Zach's POV

I was with my Grandmother when it happens. Their supposed to be back that day but something happen.. that they couldn't make it, that they couldn't be back..

And I was left alone forever.

It happens so fast.. you couldn't blame a child to understand what was actually happening that day.

I was on the phone talking with them..

"Hey Zachy baby, do you missed mommy?" she asked me on the phone.

Being far with them for so long was hard but they have to.

It was my Mom and her clingy voice made me smile eventually.

"I miss you both Ma,"

"Awee.. Don't be sad na baby pauwi na kami ng daddy mo, Sorry to leave without saying goodbye. We have to go urgent, I hope you understand."

I just nod even if I don't understand what she told me what matters for me is that they're coming home.

"Who are you talking to Zach?" I look back to my lola and smiled.

"Mom."

I saw her smile too so I offer the phone.

"Kumain kana duon ng breakfast mo at baka mahuli kapa sa klase, Niluto ko ang paborito mong champorado.."

Nag mamadali akong makapunta sa kusina dahil kapag luto ni lola Iba talaga.

At bumalik pag katapos kong kuhaan ang sarili ko ng Champorado.

"Hold a second Mary," sabi nito sa kabilang linya bago lumingom sakin at mag salita. "Zach pour some milk on that, I tried something new I know you will like it."

Nag tataka ko siyang tinignan.

"Does it taste good Lola?"

Nasanay kasi akong walang halong gatas ang Champorado ko dahil iyon ang nakasanayan ko.

Old habbits die hard.

"You'll change your mind later." She told me before she goes back to talking with my mom on the phone.

I poured milk on my breakfast and wished that it won't dissapoint me cause' Lola Delia's champorado are so good to waste.

I was on my half bowl of my breakfast when I heard my Lola's gasp.

"Mary? Mary? Hello! Hello! Mary? Oh my god." I look at her face frightened, worried and horrified are all visible on her face

I knew even though I was just a kid that day, Something bad happens.

"Something wrong lola?" I asked him leaving my breakfast at the table.

"N-no Zach I-I'll try to call them again baka Nag kamali lang ako ng narinig. sana nag kamali lang si Lola.."

I woke-up everyday having those endless nightmares that seems unable to stop.

I've been seeing alot of doctors and psychiatrist but they couldn't help me, They always say that nothing's wrong with me.

"You're all normal Mr. Martinez, All the signs of having a problem with your brain are negative. Those nightmares you're talking about are all just part of your last memories with your family. You just couldn't forget that day easily that's why it keeps on coming back even after so many years.."

"Zach are you listening?"

Nilingon ko ang babaeng tumayong magulang ko simula nang mamatay ang Parents ko. She's been with me since that day happens. Siya na ang nag palaki sakin, Ang bumuhay sakin simula nang iwan ako ng magulang ko sa mundong ito.

"Thinking of the same thing again?"

I didn't answer her back.

"Niluto ko yang paborito mo, Ayaw mo ba?"

It was my all time favorite pero hindi na ngayon. I've change since then. Hindi na ako yung Zach na masayahin.

"I like it La." I told her even if I don't mean it.

"You should just let go the grudge of the past Apo.. It's been so long."

Hininto ko ang pag kain. How could she say that? Akala niya ba madali lahat to para sakin?

"Let go? How could I let go if their always coming back to me? It haunts me Lola. Those dreams feels so real until I open my eyes. They won't go."

Pumikit ito at muling tumingin sakin.

"Their coming back because you let them be! If you could just learn to accept that faith choose them to leave you early then you won't be having any of those things.. Zachy."

It was my time to look away. Calling me that name brings back everything. My Mom used to call me that everytime. I just couldn't forget It.. I-I can't.

"Don't call me that name, It was long dead La. Sinama kona sa hukay ang Zachy na kilala niyo. Matagal na siyang namatay kasama ng mga magulang ko."

May sasabihin pa sana ito ngunit mas mina buti nang hindi ituloy.

"As I said earlier, before I pass the power on you at the company you should first teach college Students some basic business related topics or anything about business managing. tuturuan mo sila at kapag natuto sila, I-evaluate ka nila kapag hindi ka naka pasa uulit ka ulit. Tandaan mo apo, hindi malilipat sa pangalan mo ang kumpanya nang hindi mo pinag hihirapan and also besides of teaching students mag tatrabaho kapa rin under me."

Hindi ako sumagot. I've been stuying all my life, working and trying my hard just so the company will be transfered under my mame. Pero kahit na naka ilang try na ako hindi parin ako sumusuko. I am not trying just so our company will be mine but also I want her to just rest and let myself to work for her sake.

She's getting older and I don't want to lose her.. she's all I have, I couldn't take It kung pati siya mawawala sakin.

"I hope you understand that everything that I'll do was for your own sake Zach, so that-"

I don't let her finish. "I know okay? You don't have to tell me that and stop telling me that. It creeps me out."

Ayokong marinig mula sakanya yung linyang "para kapag nawala ako handa kana." Kahit na para sakin pa iyon ayoko parin. All I can understand is that she's saying her goodbye and she won't be coming back at ayokong mangyari iyon.

Ngumiti lamang ito at nag patuloy sa pag salita.

"You'll start next week Zach, Naka ayos na kung saang school ka, anong oras at araw ang pasok mo doon. Kahit napa kilala ko ang may-ari nuon Hindi mo parin sila madadaya apo, Hindi kona hahayaang maulit ang ginawa mo nuon."

I smirk as I remember that day. I was just twenty one old when she does these things. You know what I did? Inakit ko yung mga babaeng mag e-evaluate sakin para makapasa ako. Kada hindi ako papasa iniiba niya ang mga pinapagawang hamon sakin.

"Hindi ko naman ginawa yon para lang sakin." sabi ko sabay subo ng Champorado niyang luto sakin.

"I know and hearing you say that makes me happy, Part of my old grandson is still there that it wasn't long dead it just fades.."

Makahulugan nitong sabi.