Chapter 2

A/N: So I got excited and quickly worked on the next chapter. A lot of things happen in this chapter, which is why it's kinda long. Cliffhanger warning, though!

"Am I following?" I asked with my bow and arrows in my hands. I was all geared up and even bathed Fenrisúlfr thoroughly for the invasion. Well, the only problem was my dress though.

Edward stared at me with a look of disbelief and then shook his head.

"No way."

"What?" I widened my eyes.

"Oh come on!"

"I can't risk you dying. I won't let you come with us."

"Why?" I cried.

"I have a bow and arrows!"

"But the question is, do you know how to shoot?" He cocked an eyebrow as he fully faced me, his arms crossed.

"If you can shoot, I'll let you come. Deal?"

I had never shot with bow and arrows before, so when I heard what he said, my face changed.

"Okay, fine! I don't know how to shoot!" I admitted.

"Then you can at least stay here and watch out for any intruders— since we have you, I can have my total amount of men following me." Edward replied. Someone knocked repeatedly on our door and shouted out some words in Russian that I didn't understand. Edward sighed.

"It's time for breakfast."

He went out first and I stayed in for a while as I removed my bow and arrows and laid them aside. Another time, I thought.

"Where's the Princess?" I heard Emmett ask Edward right outside the door.

"Where did she sleep?"

"Go away," Edward said, exasperated.

"I know that look." Emmett's light tone became teasing and I could imagine the wide grin on his face which he wore throughout last night.

"Did she sleep with you last night?"

"No."

"Liar!"

Edward sighed.

"We slept in the same bed but nothing happened. There wasn't an empty house that she could use."

"And so you decided to give her some hospitality? How was it?" Emmett laughed.

That was when I decided to come out of the house. Their eyes were on me as I smiled politely, as if I wasn't going to say something crude.

"His hammer was small. Frankly didn't pleasure me as much as I thought it would. Very disappointing." I said.

Emmett's jaw dropped in shock and Edward's eyes widened as he realized what I'd said. They clearly wasn't expecting me to say that, but I continued smiling and walked away.

"You both will miss breakfast." I told them.

"Wouldn't want to get hungry in the middle of a fight, would you?"

By the time everyone was finished with breakfast, they were ready to take off to their intended destination. I gave one of my runestones that I had found in my bag a few days ago to Edward.

He stared down at it in his palm. "What is it?"

"It's a sign for good luck, so that when you're in danger, there'll be something that turns your bad luck around." I told him, smiling. I could read the runestones since it was in Norse and in this life my brain was hard wired to Norse language.