Chapter 1

A/N: Hey guys, so welcome to the sequel of It's The Dress! Time-traveling Norse Princess Bella meets Russian Prince Edward— are you guys ready?

The prince exchanged a few words between his men and dismissed them, leaving me and him alone in the forest. I started to fidget under the prince's gaze as Fenrisúlfr was grinding his teeth in annoyance at the grey-spotted horse in front of him.

He said something in Russian to me and I closed my eyes in exasperation since I couldn't understand what he was saying.

"Speak. Norse." I pressed my lips together and opened my eyes to look at him with dismay. I gasped when I finally took a good look at him.

"Edward?" I gasped.

Edward frowned.

"I'm afraid you've pronounced my name wrongly." He said smoothly in Norse and not in Russian.

I cocked an eyebrow.

"What?"

"It's Edvard." He corrected.

"No... Wait, what?" I stared at his in disbelief.

"Wait, shit, oh god."

"Have your parents taught you never to curse?" He raised his eyebrows in question.

"Of course they have, it's just something that slips out once in a while," I snapped.

"Your name's Edvard?"

"Yes it is." He nodded, looking me up and down.

"And you don't seem to be a... peasant."

"Because I'm not." At least in this life.

"I'm a princess."

"Are we invading your village? My apologies if we are—"

"I'm a princess. From another kingdom." I quickly said.

"What is your name?" He asked.

I racked my brain for what Jane called me and replied, "Liselotte."

Liselotte was such a weird name for me, and the fact that the name seemed so far from my actual name Bella was even more bizarre. Did Liselotte have the same meaning as my full name Isabella? If it had, then I would have understood. At least Edward's name never really changed that much like mine. My name in this life was horrible.

"Why, Princess Liselotte, would you be away from your kingdom, unless you have something to do?" Edward asked.

"I... I'm running away." I told him without a thought.

"I was going to get married to some man I didn't know."

"And who's that?"

"I told you, I don't know him."

He sighed.

"Very well then. I'm the Tsarevich of the Russian Empire, Edvard. I'm the oldest son of my father who rules the Russian Empire."

"And so... you're bound to be the next ruler?" I asked.

"Why are you invading this part of Scandinavia?"

"To expand the Empire. My men & I are going to invade the next kingdom tomorrow. After that, I will sail back home the next week." He said.

"You won't... invade my father's kingdom, will you? I don't really know where it is, but I assume it's from the East according to where I ran from." I looked down at Fenrisúlfr, my black horse, who was starting to kick up a big fuss.