"I really like him." I admitted quietly.

I had yet to tell anyone my true feelings for Harry. But by the understanding expression on my mum's face, she was fully aware of what I left unspoken.

"The way he looks at you. It's like how your dad used to look at me."

The words clenched at my heart. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes at the mention of my dad. Even when growing up, I couldn't deny the love that could be seen between my parents. They had cherished each other. When my dad was harshly ripped from us it practically broke my mum, I had never witnessed her in anything comparable to the time after my father's death. The meaning behind her words was so powerful.

Our silent conversation was interrupted as Harry appeared in the doorway. His jeans were slung low on his hips, the black band of his boxers peeking over the top. He stood still bare chested grinning at us, completely oblivious to the profound situation he was a part of.

"I'll leave you to it." My mum squeezed my hand as she walked away.

"Nice to see you, Harry." She spoke whilst passing him through the door.

"You too, Mrs Ellis."

"Heather." My mum corrected.

His raspy chuckle echoed before he made his way towards me.

"I thought you were going to put some clothes on." I giggled.

His fingers playfully tugged at the hem to the t shirt I was wearing. Green eyes were sparkling in amusement as his height loomed over me. I placed my hand on the smooth skin of his hip as he leant down. His warmth comforted me.

"You're wearing my shirt, and as good as it looks on you, I kind of need it back." He smirked into my neck.

My fingers left goose bumps in their wake as I trailed my touch up his toned back. A light moan fell between us, tangling my digits between his messy ringlets, keeping his lips pressed to my shoulder.

"You'll have to catch me first, Styles." I whispered.

I drew back to discover Harry gaping at me. The playful glint was overwhelmed by a subtle darkness as I met his gaze. He looked so hot. Bruises still scattered across his tanned torso from the fight that had taken place the previous day. I prayed that the marks had gone unnoticed by my mum. I felt a little awkward at the thought of her assuming I had inflicted such impacts during our bedroom activities.

"Challenge accepted." Harry's voice sounded huskier than usual.

The deep tone sent shivers across my skin before I hastily dashed for the door. I had barely made it to the stairs before a large hand grasped at the baggy fabric concealing my torso. I managed to evade him, turning and pressing a small kiss to Harry's lips in a distraction. Surprisingly the gesture provided me with an advantage, which I grasped stumbling up the stairs. I could hear my mum laughing as I shrieked, Harry hot on my heels as he pursued me to my bedroom.

I had nowhere left to run as he smugly closed the door behind him. My body backed away as Harry stalked forward, a satisfied smile gracing his face.

"Looks like I win." He stated proudly, eyes grazing up and down my smaller frame.

The tips of his fingers burned my skin as he hooked them into the neck of my t shirt, tugging it down slightly. My body felt weak as he decreased the distance between us, touch skimming down my sides to the hem of the clothing.

"Do I get to take it off you?" He grinned.

My lashes fluttered, large hands finding my bare hips as he crinkled the fabric up higher. I giggled as Harry lightly squeezed my sides, knowing full well how ticklish I could be. But the laughing ceased. Hot, wanton breath trickled across the skin of my neck. Harry nudged his face into the crook. The light bites tingled through my entirety. Lips brushing my ear.