Chapter 2.4 (The Howler)

Start from the beginning

"Weasley, Ginevra!" Professor McGonagall called out.

Ginny was the last one to get Sorted and she shakily sat down on the stool. It took the hat only a second to decide before it shouted. "GRYFFINDOR!" Ginny sat down next to Artemis and Hermione at the red and gold table.

"The wait took forever." Ginny breathed a sigh of relief.

Dumbledore got up and cleared his throat. The Great Hall was immediately silent and nobody seemed to move. "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts." Like last year he opened his arms wide, smiling brightly. "I would like to wish our returning students another pleasant and educational year. For our new students and some older ones too..." He, once again, glanced at the Weasley twins before moving those sparkling sapphires onto Hermione and Artemis, who giggled silently in response. "The Forbidden Forest is forbidden for all students. Entering it can be extremely dangerous and may as well cost you your life." He said seriously, pausing to look down every table.

"We have a change in staff this year seeing as our Defence Against the Dark Arts post has been...emptied last year." A few people whispered and glanced back at Artemis and Hermione. People were also starting to notice that Ron and Harry weren't there.

"We are pleased to welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Gilderoy Lockhart!" Lockhart got up, dressed in robes of aquamarine and beamed down at the students, his pearly-white teeth shining even brighter under the light of the thousands of candles floating above the tables. Hermione blushed brightly when he winked at the Gryffindor table and she quickly hid her burning cheeks behind her bushy, brown hair.

"Tuck in!" Dumbledore clapped his hands and immediately the empty golden plates filled itself with the piles upon piles of delicious food.

Artemis noticed Snape slip back in the Great Hall and whispered something in Professor McGonagall's ear. Her face turned red in anger and she got up from the table, following Snape out again.

"I don't know what they did. But whatever it was - it's probably going to get them expelled." Artemis concluded as she turned back around to face the girls.

"You mean...they caused that crash?" Giselle whispered.

"There was a loud crash and Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley were nowhere to be seen when it happened..." Elizabeth said, tapping her finger on her chin thoughtfully. "Of course they are behind the crash. That's something only they could do. They didn't think...as usual." She rolled her eyes.

"I really hope Professor McGonagall isn't going to expel them." Hermione said, anxiously. "They really did it this time. Whatever they did wrong."

"Look, even Dumbledore is leaving the room." Victoria said. "Oh Merlin,...this is bad. This is very bad."

"He looks so sad." Artemis said, biting her lip. "That can only mean one thing, can't it?"

A few minutes passed, and all of the teachers had returned. Snape had been glaring at everyone and everything, Professor McGonagall had her lips pulled up in a thin line and Dumbledore just looked...disappointed.

"Did you hear...?" Jace leaned in. "Apparently Harry and Ron flew here with the Weasleys' Ford Anglia and crashed into the Whomping Willow."

"That's ridiculous, Jace, not even they would do something like that. They must have realised what trouble it would bring."
~~~~

"You did WHAT NOW?" Seethed Artemis, her hands on her hips and quite the disappointed look on her face.

"We-" Repeated Harry in a small voice, eyeing Artemis fearfully. "We...used Mr. Weasley's car..."