Not Mine XV

Jack's P.O.V

We made it to our pack house, after we had called some people to pick us up. Took us one and a half weeks to get back, but it was all good, the pack doctor had met us and took care of everything. My dad and me, we made up but it still couldn't replace the feeling of losing a mate or a an experience of even having a piece of a mate, or a deceased mother. I had explained everything to my beta and 3rd in commands, including what had happened.

They were surprised, and felt a bit sorry as they had found out I was still mate-less. Two months had passed since then, I was supposed to go to a conference meeting with all other allied Alpha's, these meetings took place twice a year.

My father would be staying back to look over the pack with Duke while I had to go with Luke. This meeting was called in a hurry for all Alpha's to discuss the vampire's, and their return to the human realm. While vampire's had their own realms it was for pure blooded vampire's only, they had made a separate realm due to the humans going rampage and murdering them all, but who can blame them, they did suck human blood after all. You rare see a turned vampire, as they become uncontrollable, and pure bloods don't like turned vampires. It seemed though the pure bloods were back, it took over a couple centuries for them to make a come back.

I took a deep breath and slowly let it out, my heart pounding slowly at peace. I looked out of my office window, and stared at the entrance of the forest near us. My mind was completely clear in that moment, seeing but not seeing, watching but not watching. A blank mind, but it had only lasted for a minute before I shook myself from it. I gave a deep sigh, you could hear the sadness in it, the loneliness.

I clenched my jaws, and my fist curled. Alpha's aren't supposed to be like this, I won't be an emotional little boy, and especially not right now. I took up a pen, and looked at all the paperwork I had accumulated while I was away, like Duke didn't even bother doing any of it. I had stacks of paper on one side and files on the other side that I had to look through. I picked up the first bundle of paper.

Finances, taxes, food, water, electricity bills, all that I had to go and pay to the bank. I tapped my fingers on the desk calculating the amounts. The next stack of paper I had to do was all related to what the pack wanted to do, but needed the Alpha's permission first. One of them was a party that was due next week, but they were wondering if it was okay to invite humans to the pack house for the party. After finishing five stacks of paper, I took a bundle of files.

The first one to be seen was Red's file, I filled in all the information I could, and moved onto the next, there was Mark's and Lucy's. I brought out a red stamp, and stamped "Deceased" on her photo and the file papers, then wrote in the day of her death. I put a sticky note on it with the date for her funeral.

Taylor came in, her eyes looked like she matured a bit since I had last saw her. My nose picked up a another scent on her. She bowed her head before looking at me, shuffling her feet like a kid about to be scolded. I leaned back into my chair and looked at her motioning for her to sit down, waiting for her to talk. She sat down for a second before standing up again.

"Alpha, I may have to leave the pack," she said, her voice nervous,"as you can probably sense, I am with a child."

I nodded, "Which pack are you transferring too?" I asked, "And may I know the name of the child's father?"

Her eyes teared up, but she didn't cry, "I am thinking of transferring to the Silverlight Pack," she shuffled her feet again, "the father, he is a human." On the word human, I had slammed my hands down on the desk, my body upright glaring at her.

"A human?" I asked my voice going deep, if he was her mate I would've accepted without reason, but I knew that she wasn't to be mated with a human. "Why would you, with a human?"