Side Story

♚ Side Story

Ji-Ahn's P.O.V

"I don't want to." I immediately answered the HeadMistress with a pout.

"You don't have any choice. You'll be graduating soon." She calmly explained, getting back to signing the papers on her desk.

"That's not what I meant. I said I won't write their acceptance letter and other troublesome stuffs." I sat on the sofa and waited for her reply.

She just shook her head and gave me one final look.

"That's your responsibility as the queen."

There we go again. Using my rank to keep me on place.

I groaned in annoyance and leaned back to cross my arms and legs.

There's no way I'm doing this.

"Still no."

"If you really don't want to do it, then fine,"

I almost jump in glee but she wasn't finished with me yet. She called Soo-won, my boyfriend, and the latter came inside the office with a bright, innocent smile.

"Good afternoon HeadMistress." Soo-won greeted, hugging my back when he saw me.

"Hmm, don't act so lovey-dovey in front of me." She raised a hand and covered her eyes.

I rolled my eyes, bitter much?

Soo-won just shrugged though and did what he was told.

"What do you want HeadMistress?"

I froze. Did she perhaps call Soo-won to force me into taking the job?! Why this little...

"Well you see, your girlfriend here doesn't want to-"

"I'll take it!" I cut her off, startling the both of them with my voice.

If Soo-won hears about this, he'll surely get worried. And the HeadMistress knows it, that's why she's blackmailing me.

"I see, that's great then~" she smiled and waved her hand dismissively, leaving Soo-won confused and me drowning in self-pity.

★★★

"Are you okay?" Soo-won asked for the umpteenth time.

I kept on telling him 'I'm fine' as a reply which I'm not even sure if I really am.

"You've been staring at that paper for too long though. What is that anyway?" He leaned down and peered over my shoulders and read the etched words.

  ♚ Dawn Academy
  Letter Of Acceptance

Hey ______,

I'm not really sure what to say but honestly, this is annoying.

I would gladly welcome you to our school personally instead of writing this dreaded letter so please let me express my hateful feelings for our pesky HeadMistress here instead...

Soo-won chuckled after only reading the first part.

"What?"

"Ji-chan, this letter isn't something you can rant on."

I pursed my lips and looked at him with faked amazement.

"It isn't?"

"You should focus on congratulating them.

And so, I crumpled the paper in my hands and got back to work.

My second work goes like this,

Congratulations for being accepted into the academy. I hope you'll do your best as the candidate for the next queen.

(Being queen is troublesome and annoying af. I suggest you resign as fast as possible)

Dawn Academy is pretty much what other people think; prestigious and grand but in your case everything is free!

Well, that's it.

Have fun...

Again, he chuckled.

My eyes twitched in irritation. He's making fun of me, isn't he?

"What is it?!"

"This is too casual Ji-chan and I thought you removed your rants?"

I shook my head, stating my point.

"It's not a rant. It's the truth!"

He patted my head, seeing how troubled I was.

"Okay, I'll help you."

I shifted from my seat and threw him an astonished look.

"You will?"

"Yes. I have written a few letters before so it's not that hard."

That's sweet!

I jumped from my seat to his chest, giving him a hug.

He was surprised at that but hugged back anyways.

"Thanks Soo-won!"

He hummed in response.

"Anything for you."

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔

Yeah, while waiting for confirmations, I decided to do this so that everyone will know where I got the letter from XD

~Jee