Chapter 3 - Store

Start from the beginning

“Carter” he corrected her in a flat tone.  He was actually amused by her guesses but he was trying not to be too friendly because he didn’t want any of them getting too attached to him or vice versa, although he was feeling himself becoming slightly attached since they were an entertaining group.

“Right! Carter! You’re the Italian dude” she said, snapping her fingers.

“Oh that’s the accent!” Daniel said. Carter cocked his eyebrow at this. His accent was barely there. He knew his parents were Italian so naturally he picked it up but he was pretty sure he didn’t have the accent that strongly anymore.

“Uh yeah I guess” Carter said, feeling slightly taken aback by their curiosity. These people were so odd.

“Can you go the grocery for me?” Uncle Sid asked Carter that afternoon. He had been reading the chapter their teacher had told them to read to prepare for the test tomorrow but he easily agreed to going grocery shopping for his uncle because anything seemed better than reading that chapter at the moment.

“Okay” Carter said, getting off the bed, he was already wearing jeans so he just slipped on a plain shirt and a jacket and took the shopping list from Uncle Sid and the money.

“Use the car!” he heard Uncle Sid shout after him. He shouted back an agreement and grabbed the car keys from the kitchen counter as he left the apartment.

He got lost but eventually he found the grocery. Sighing, he got out the car and reviewed the shopping list. He personally found the items unnecessary but that was probably because he was never really feeling to go out.

He hugged his jacket as soon as he stepped into the store and the cold breeze hit him. He grabbed a cart and hurriedly started looking for the items so he could leave the cols store. In his rush, he bounced into somebody, the person was about to fall so he steadied them by their shoulders, when he looked up he realized it was Lucky and he hurriedly let go.

“Hi” she said, waving at him and smiling brightly. He nodded at her and continued on his way but he felt her following after him.

“So what are you doing here?” she asked him. He handed her the shopping list as he dumped a box of cereal into the cart, not even bothering to look at the brand, but Lucky took the box out of his cart and looked at it with a frown.

“These are bad for you. They make you sick.” she said with a frown. “You like Captain Crunch?” she asked him. He watched as she pulled the box off the counter. He nodded and she smiled at him put it in his cart.

“I’m here with my brothers but they haven’t made it past the snack aisle yet” she said with a chuckle. Carter gave her a tight smile. Lucky seemed like a nice girl. She really was but he knew if he fell for her it might end badly since he knew for a fact he wasn’t her type.

“You don’ talk much do you?” she asked him, breaking him out of his thoughts.

“No, not really” he answered honestly.

“Why?” she asked. He opened his mouth to answer until something behind Sarah made him quiet down. It was the back of a girl’s head but she had chestnut brown hair and it was shoulder length, just like Sarah’s. Just then the girl turned around, she was cute but she definitely wasn’t Sarah. He didn’t know why he had an ember of hope that that was Sarah. A few tears sprung to his eyes but he blinked them back.

“Carter you know I hate sushi!” Sarah complained as they walked through the grocery store.

“That’s why I got it” he said smirking at her and waving the box of sushi in her face. She actually looked like she wanted to vomit.

“I don’t love you at the moment” she said, crossing her arms over chest.

“You know you love me” Carter said, giving her an innocent smile.

“I love you” she said, his gaze on her softened. “Not.” She added, making him burst out laughing.

Just then a guy snuck up behind Sarah’s look- a- like from behind and tackled her into a hug. Lucky snapped her fingers in front of Carter’s face which made him snap out of it.

“Are you okay?” she asked, looking slightly freaked out.

“Yeah. I thought I knew her from somewhere” he said, gesturing to the Sarah look-a-like who looked like she and her boyfriend were having some playful banter. Carter smiled slightly when the girl flicked her boyfriend on the head. Sarah used to do that to him all the time.

“Do you?” Lucky asked, looking overly curious. Carter raised one eyebrow at that. For a moment she looked jealous but he assumed he was imagining it.

“Um no. She just looked like the person from behind” Carter stuttered out. He swallowed loudly.

“Okay then” Luck said, shrugging. “That was probably the first time I got a sentence out of you” she joked, nudging his shoulder playfully. He tried to give her a smile but he was pretty sure he scowled at her because she took a step back from him.

“Well see you” she said, she spun on her heel and walked away from him.

He didn’t know why he couldn’t help but stare after her.

So I was sick since Sunday hence the lack of updates but I’m better, so much better now. I see the light hit the light we’re together now. #Chasingthesunreference

Mr Palmer from NCIS is attractive