"Now that we have flower crowns, we can take a cute picture together. What do you say?"

No, pictures aren't my thing. I don't like my face. I refuse to see how I look.

"Uh, sure." Dammit, Calum. You were supposed to say no.

-

We were now in the nearest park, walking side by side. Our bodies were lingering close together and I had this sensational feeling to hold his hand but I couldn't do it. I was afraid of rejection and I knew this wasn't a date. Nobody wants to date me.

"You may fall from the sky, you may fall from a tree, but the best way to fall is in love with me."

"Cliché," I retorted, chuckling because he seemed to know all of these pick-up lines. It was adorable though, and I loved that he was telling them to me, even if we weren't exactly close.

"What about you?"

I found myself pulling at the grass and sprinkling what remained in my hands back onto the ground. It was a nervous habit of mine that I felt bad about doing but it was uncontrollable. I either panic, or I find a simple solution. Picking grass was one of them.

"Am I cliché?"

"No," Michael responded, another smile on his face, a friendlier and happier one than before, "I mean do you have any pick-up lines? Aside from the one that all of the green from your grass is in my eyes." I was hoping he'd forget that.

"Well there is one that I really like but haven't used on anyone yet," I replied softly, now picking at my chapped nail polish which Michael didn't seem to like, once again.

"Use it on me. I'd be honored to be the first to hear it."

"Most people like to watch the Olympics, because they only happen once every 4 years, but I'd rather talk to you cause the chance of meeting someone so special only happens once in a lifetime."

I saw Michael's smile widen, his body no longer moving and his breath seeming uneven. Was he alright? Did I do something wrong?

"You think I'm special?"

"I do."

"Well I think you're pretty special, too."

I could only hope I wasn't a flustered mess, but with the way Michael was grinning, I must have been. You're getting attached Calum. Leave before its too late.

"Hey, we never took that photo."

Michael moved closer towards me and positioned himself as close as possible, making sure he was comfortable and that I was as well. He wrapped his left arm around my waist so that he'd get a good shot, and I did everything I could to avoid the camera by closing my eyes completely and smiling as if I was laughing, while he placed a small kiss on my cheek and snapped the photo.

"Look at us, we're so cute."

"We're as close as Strangers, Michael. Cute doesn't exist with acquaintances."

"It does in my world."

Well in my world, nothing exists. Except for pain. That seems to be the only thing I can always count on to be there. Because it never goes away. And it never will, either.

The boy in front of me yawned, then glanced at his phone to check the time. "It's getting late, I should probably get you home."

"I'll walk by myself. I have things I need to get done anyway."

"You sure?" Michael asked with uncertainty in his voice.

"Positive," I retorted with a fake smile. I just wanted to be alone at this point. I couldn't grow fond of him. He'd find out everything bad about me and will leave me on the spot. It's better to be alone.

"Okay, see you tomorrow, Hood."

-

"Nice flower crown, who bought it for you?"

"Michael."

"For someone you don't like, you sure do spend an awful lot of time together," Mali admitted sheepishly, taking note of the fact that I was most likely blushing, again.

"We're friends, Mali." I didn't think giving us that label was necessary, but I'd do anything to get my sister off of my back about him. The last thing I needed was her trying to set us up. I need to stay away.

"For now."

What was that supposed to mean?

I didn't want to know.

-

A/N:

1275 words.

I'm tired. It's not even that late yet and I'm tired. But its Friday so that's a bonus. Aye. Um, yeah. Sorry for the slow updates. I have to write a play for my creative writing class so my priority has been on that lately. But I'm getting back into this story so don't worry!!!

I think the selfie Michael and Calum took would be the cutest thing if it were real. Like the two of them wearing flower crowns, Michael kissing Calum's cheek and Calum with his eyes closed, smiling. So. Cute. Goodbye.

Don't forget to leave a vote and a comment! Bye everyone!! ily all.