NOM:15

I yawn as I look out the window of Vanessa's car. I watch across the interstate as she drove on to who knows where.

"So where are we going?" I ask her.

I hear her huff. "Remember back to school shopping?" she ask me.

I yawn. "Today's the first of august, plus it's a Saturday"

"Missing a day without your boo isn't going to hurt you" she said.

I turn toward her as I cross my arms. "Carson isn't my boo" I told her sternly.

She smile. "Whatever you say"

I roll my eyes. "Anyway where are we going to shop at?"

"The mall" she said.

"That's go-

"Then the spa, salon, Victoria secret, Hair store, and the-

"Does the next thing include food?" I ask her tried.

She chuckle. "Yeah, then we going to swing by Subway"

"So what clothes are you thinking of wearing back for the first day?" She ask me.

"Jeans and a shirt" I said.

"Cool, then I'll do your make-up and hair for the first day" she said excitedly.

"Nope, because you take too long, that I have to skip out on breakfast" I said.

"It's supposed to take long, you can't rush beauty" She scoff.

"Yes you can" I said.

"Whatever you say Sheree, whatever you say" she said.

I twirl in the skater skirt with the white heart cut out matching shirt. Vanessa nod and motion to the next array of clothes to try out. I put on the pink skater dress in the dressing room.

"So have your Nephew thought of what he wants to do for school?" Vanessa ask me.

I examine myself in the mirror. "No, his mom wants to home school him or send him to some fancy private school" I said.

I exit the dressing room and pose in the mirror.

"what his dad think?" she ask me.

She smile and did a twirling motion with her finger.

"Well his dad want him to enroll in Canter's High public school" I said.

"I love that dress and will he go as himself or your Nephew?" She ask me.

I shrug. "I don't know and are we done, this is the fifth dress?" I ask her.

"No, now I got you some jeans and cute tops, go try them on" She said.

She walk into the dressing room and exit with the clothes. She place them over her shoulder and skim the racks for more. I groan as I walk into the dressing room.

"oh shush, you know damn well this is fun" She shout.

I smile as I held up a cute pair of ankle booties. "I love these"

Vanessa turn toward me. "Cute"

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I sigh as I retrieve it from my back pocket. I unlock it to see another text from Jeremy.

CAN WE TALK? The text message read. I sigh as I stare at it as I read it over and over. I look over toward Vanessa as she try on high heels. I huff ad walk over to her. I open a box of random pairs of shoes.

"So Jeremy been non-stop texting me" I said.

"Really? Isn't he back at Uni?" She ask me.

"Nope I guess he's on break for Alex" I said.

"Oh is Alex okay?" she ask me.

I shrug as I grab another random box and open it. "Don't know I never reply to any of his texts"

"Oh" She said.

"So you think I should reply back?" I ask her.

"If he's repeatedly texting you, then it must be important so yeah" she said.

"Cool I'll text him when we're done for the day" I said and smile as I saw pink converses.

"It's your choice, and go try those converses on" she said.

I swallow my saliva as the guilt was eating me. "Let me just go make a call to Jeremy"

Vanessa smile.

I walk out the store and retrieve my phone to dial Jeremy number.

I heard Jeremy breathe a sigh of relief. "Finally, Alex has been trap in his room for the past weeks now, he won't talk to anyone"

I frown. "The past weeks? Haven't he eaten anything?" I ask Jeremy.

"Yeah, but he won't talk" he sigh.

"Jeremy give him some time, He's heartbroken" I said.

He sigh. "Can you come talk some sense into him?" He ask me.

I bit my lip as I felt my grip tighten on my phone as I remove it from my ear. Will he even listen to me? I know he's still hurt, but why couldn't I tell him the truth? Maybe because I didn't trust him enough, even though I knew him my whole life. I know he feels hurt, but we can't help who we fall in love with and who we don't.

"Sheree Cherry, Hello?" Jeremy ask.

I pull the phone back to my ear drums. "I'll come to you guys in the evening today"

I hear Jeremy breathe a sigh of relief. "Thanks Cherry, let's just hope this works"

"y-yeah" I said.

I stare at the sub as I place my face in my hand. Vanessa decide to skip her agenda and go straight to food.

"Sheree" Vanessa said softly.

I jump and look to her. "Sorry, I zone out"

She shook her head. "It's okay, How are you feeling?" she ask me.

I sigh. "I feel like this is my fault"

She place her sub down. "This is not your fault, you didn't know the boy like you"

I shook my head. "Not that, I think he feels betrayed that I didn't tell him the truth"

Vanessa scoff. "You couldn't tell him Who Carson really is, you were under contract"

I scoff. "That's just it Vanessa! I put money over him, I put the contract over him, and he's my best friend"

Vanessa frown. "You couldn't, you was in contract, you couldn't do that unless you want to be sued it was in the contract, I think he's more bum over his heart" she said.

"Thanks" I said sarcastically.

She wince. "Sorry"

"So what are you going to do?" She ask me.

"I'm going to talk to him" I said.

"Do you think that will snap him out of his funk?" she ask me.

I shrug as I grab my sub. "we can only hope"