Chapter Five

Natalie's POV:

I couldn't believe that on my front steps was my best friend that I haven't seen in five years. It was almost like a dream. And I still remembered him and he remembered me. He changed a lot. He now has blonde hair. He must have dyed it. But I think he looks good as a blonde.

"So, how have you been?" He asked me.

"Pretty good, besides the fact that I was in New York." I replied.

"You didn't like it?" He said.

"No. Maybe because it was a big city and I'm used to small towns. It was also very crowded." I answered.

"Oh yeah your clataphobic. I almost forgot." He said.

"Yeah.... So do you want to come inside?" I asked.

"Umm.... Sure" He replied.

I showed him to the living room. But I don't think he needed me showing him where things were. It felt like it was just yesterday since we had playdates and BBQS all the time. I wish I could go back to those days where I didn't care what I looked like or if my hair was messy. But I guess caring what you look like is part of being a teen. At least that's what my mom says.

"So...What did you do during those five years" I start to say.

"Well for two of them, I've been in a band" He replied.

"Really? What's it called?" I ask.

"One Direction" He said.

"Oh really, I heard about you guys. Don't get me wrong, I like your music but I'm not much of a fan" I say.

"That's okay. I don't mind that your not a fan. You don't have to be" He says with a smile.

"Thanks" I said, returning a smile.

Niall stayed for two hours after he said that his mother needed him or something like that. I don't think I remember him being that polite. I could get used to that.

I always remembered him being a care free, browned hair, blue eyes little boy. One of those things changed. He was still the same boy I said goodbye to at the airport before walking away. Seeing him today made the memories come back. I wish we had more time to talk today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading Chapter Five of Best Friends? More to come soon!

~Rachelx