I wanted to make sure that everything was in its place, so I taped up the boxes and stacked them neatly against one wall. Then turning to my bed, instead of throwing the quilt into a bag, I straightened it out as I did every morning. I had even wiped down all my furniture so it looks clean and shiny. Maybe I was doing too much, or maybe I was just passing the time, I wasn't sure, but it felt like it all should be done anyway.

Sitting at my vanity, I picked up my hairbrush and fixed my hair in several ways before deciding to just leave it down. I stared at myself in the mirror for a long moment, but not really seeing myself. My mind was racing with thoughts of Becky and what's to come. But I knew I couldn't let myself think of the 'what ifs' because those weren't supposed to matter.

Instead I had to distract myself with moving around my room, pacing from wall to wall. I thought about my clothes, how they'll probably be donated away. The same with my CDs and stereo. My makeup will probably just be tossed out, along with some of the worn out and old junk I use to collect.

With that thought, I went over to one of the small boxes on top of the pile and ripped the tape off. I dug around in it for a bit before I found what I was looking for, a small angel figurine. I turned it over in my hands, taking in its glittery pink gown, how gorgeous she looked with her long hair, and cherub features. I ran my fingers over its sky blue wings, coming to rest on the left wing, which was long ago broken. That's how it was given to me. I can still remember the day I got it. Becky had given it to me on our first day of JR High. It was suppose to be encouragement for starting a bigger school. I never knew how the wing broke, but the message it sent always told me that even if I'm not perfect, I'll still be ok.

I didn't know what would happen to this after tonight, but it was one of my most cherished possessions. So I set it next to my hairbrush on top of my vanity, then walked over to my pillow and took out my diary. I set that next to the Angel.

Ripping open another box, I rummaged through my jewelry case and took out a silver chain with a horseshoe pendant. I use to wear this every day, there was a rare time that you would see me without it, and I don't know why I even put it away. I took this one and dangled it above my diary, letting it fall down on the cover.

 One more box held something I wanted kept out, the biggest box on the bottom of the pile. I shifted everything around till I could get it open enough to stick my hands in and feel around. With the box only half open, I had to depend on feel rather than sight. I felt my way through my box of clothes feeling the different materials of cotton, silk, denim, until my fingers came in contact with sequins. I knew that was it. I pulled on the fabric, gently prying out from between the other clothes until I was able to stretch it out before my eyes.

The white fabric and silver sequins seemed to sparkle and glisten, even in the dim light coming from my windows. The sequins were placed in a unique swirly pattern running from the modest v-neck top to the ankle length bottom. It was the most beautiful dress I owned. I gazed at it lovingly before walking to my closet and grabbing a hanger from the line. I took my time hooking the hanger through it and placing it back up. I left the door wide open and took a step back, admiring it from afar.

With the clouds still rolling in and storm threatening to hit any moment, I decide this is the best time to head out to Secret’s Bluff. I don’t meet anyone as I head for the door, they both must be finishing up the last few things before the move. Which is fine by me, I didn’t want any confrontation or badgering on where I might be headed. I knew it wouldn’t be long till Becky was on her way to meet me there, and I was feeling anxious to see her.

It doesn’t take me long to come to the clearing in the woods. So many wonderful memories here, not a single bad one comes to mind. This was our spot before anywhere else.