Enchantress (Isaac Lahey)

Have you ever been told about mystical creautures and fairies? Yes? Well, let me start by saying that I am NOT one of those. One of my kind will only find-THAT name- an insult.

We call ourselves Enchantress. And by we, I mean myself, as I apparently am the one remaining of this ancient species. May look like a fairy, may act like a fairy, isn't a fairy. Cool, got it. Mystical creature, blah and blah, female species, very ancient, not very popular. Got my own wings and everything, if I may add. Not fairy wings; pink and glitery or angels wings with feathers, they're just wings, not soft yet not hard, not concrete nor dissapering, they're purple, dark purple, kind of like a tattoo, hidden all over my back just leaving the curves of its traces looking exactly like a three dimensional tattoo, covering my posterior and hugging the beginning of my waist.

Growing up being this... thing, it was hard. 17 years of age and I still don't know what the hell I'm doing. When things first started to get weird, I was 11. Such  young age, when I should have been worrying about homework and silly television shows but instead having so many voices in my head, thoughts and incredible powers of persuasion. I could manipulate minds, get into my teacher's head, do marvelous thing. Gosh, I should have been at Hogwarts. Nevertheless, I didn't get why I had these abilities, what I was or what the hell appeared in my back when I turned 13.

Turns out, no one knew what I actually was or who I was. I was left at a hospital as a newborn, story tells my mother literally disappeared from her hospital bed. My adoptive parents took me in, raised me with love until the weird stuff started to happen. Momma always gave strange looks when I guessed exactly what she was thinking and Daddy, well, he did not appreciate when I mentioned his very close relationship with his secretary at dinner. Soon enough, they didn't want anything to do with a demonic creature like me, and when they saw the marks on my back and started paying more attention to the things I could do they didn't waste any time in looking for a solution. So after many doctors, strange pills and even exorscisms, they kicked me out. It hurt, of course, but as they say,  everything happened for a reason.

 I found my aunt, my real aunt. As if by faith, she found me when I was at my most vulnerable. She explained to me what I was, how we've been hunted for years and how my parents were lost because of that. She showed me how to master all these gifts and helped me with all my troubles. She was truly my salvation.

When Aunt Dixie first explained to me about the Enchantresses and their history, she explained them as- guess what?- fairies. She said we were magical and that our power someday wears off, as it happened to her. They are so many things to learn, so many things to do, one day at a time.

And today, we've moved to my aunt's home town, where she and my mother grew up. Beacon Hills appears to be a small town, but Dixe says it comes with a lot and with lots of history. I was starting at the high school, Beacon Hills High.

"Aunt Dixie!" I called from my new room.

"Yes, honey?" She appeared, huge and with one thing I'd always wanted, huge windows.

"I'm freaking out! What should I wear? What if I don't make any friends? The new girl...again."

"Darling, there's no need to worry, you are wonderful. Besides, I spoke with an old friend and she has a daughter at the same school, Lydia. She'll be there to make you more comfortable, introduce friends and such."

"They'll know. I'm weird. Different."

"Special." she said as she walked out "Wear that red dress!"

I should just stop worrying. Everything will be fine.

I picked up the dress Dixie said It was little and red with a small brown belt, it reached mid thigh, complemented with a small jean jacket that also covered up my back. Small down side to my wings, I always had to cover up my back. Wouldn't want anyone to notice them or even worse, touch them. Touching an enchantress' wings gives you access to their memories, their fears and their emotions, it's the most vulnerable part to them, something vital. I myself find  it totally ridiculous. I mean, we could survive a werewolf or even a vampire bite but touch our wings and you know everything, rip them apart and we die. Talk about ironic.