Their Crazy Little Bird

"Hey Freddie, come look at this!" 'Freddie' ran over to his identical brother and saw what was in his hands

     "Cool, Chinese Fortune Sticks! We could use these!" Fred grabbed the can out of his brother's small, pale hands and tossed them on top of the other things they had already had got from the other shops from Diagon Alley. They had five Chocolate Frogs, seven packages of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, nine Caldron Cakes, and twelve bottles of Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice, six of each, still no books or robes that their mother had sent them to get. Right now she was with their little brother and sister, Ron and Ginny, having ice cream at the parlor. They also had three older brothers, Percy Charlie, and Bill, who were going to get new robes for Percy's third year and Charlie's fifth, Bill was already out. This was Fred and George's first year at Hogwarts, and their mother, Molly Weasley was very nervous. They had always been the trouble makers in the Burrow, she was afraid they might do something really bad and get expelled from Hogwarts. 

     "Mum, Ron, and Ginny will probably be looking for us soon, and Mum will freak out if she sees that all we got was junk." George said, walking quickly out of Zonkos Joke Shop and heading to Dervish and Banges to get the text books they needed. It was going to be a long few weeks before they got to Hogwarts. 

     On the day of, everything was crazy. Charlie forgot his girlfriend Anita's birthday, so she called him to scream at him, Percy was stressing because his favorite blue sweater was a centimeter to small, Ron was to scared he would get lost in Platform 9 3/4(Even though he had been before), Ginny was crying because she didn't get to go until 3 years, and Fred and George were just a mess. They both woke up 15 minutes before they were supposed to leave, and when they were on their way, Fred remembered he forgot his trunk and George had his sweater on wrong. He had his head through the sleeve hole and his arm through the head hole, resembling a turtle. 

     "Hurry up! We're going to be late for the train!" screamed Percy through the wooden door of Fred and George's room after hearing a yelp, falling of objects, and someone dying of laughter. A few minutes later George came out, a red face and breathing heavily, and Fred sulking and a big red bump on his forehead. 

     "Oh my gosh!" Percy stormed out of the house, very annoyed at his two younger brothers. 

     They ran down stairs laughing maniacally at their success and squeezed themselves in the car at the edge. Fred pulled out the Chinese Fortune Sticks and skimmed the directions and guessed on how to do it. Turns out he actually did it right. He pulled one out and read it aloud to his brothers and sister. 

     "You will soon meet a crazy, yet wise, bird, who will change your life. Uh-OK..." Fred's brownish-red eyebrows creased in confusion as he pushed the skinny stick back in and closed the can. 

     "Well, looks like you are gonna have a crazy year Freddie!" George replied, ruffling his twin brother's hair. 

* * * 

     "First years! First years here!" shouted a big ruff looking guy holding a lamp pointed to the lake.  

     "We're gonna have to swim across that!" George said very loudly, causing two little blonde haired girls give them a death stare. They looked like they were in second or third year, even though they were at least half a foot shorter then them. 

     "No," the older of the two said sassily, "You take the boats over to Hogwarts when you are in the primary years." the girl put her hands on her hands on her hips and tried to look as mean as possible. 

     "Angabella and Renella!" Fred shouted. The two girls looked very surprised at this breakthrough. Fred smiled and continued, "Those two snotty Hufflepuff girls Percy is always dissin! These are them!" They both broke into laughter and started walking off towards the boats. They sat in one with themselves, a boy named Roy Treamen, and a girl named Trae Alma. As they were going down the pond, they heard a sudden splash and someone give an annoyed shout. 

     "Phoenix!" they saw Angebella stand up in her boat with her sister Renella and her stepsister Phoenix, that had fell in the water, which by the looks of it, had been jumping up and down in her seat and had tipped over and fell. Angebella kept reaching for her, failing drastically. 

     "You can't catch me!" she started swimming toward the castle and arrived there at least ten minutes before anyone else. 

     Whenever everyone else arrived, they opened the doors and Professor McGonagall gave her speech about the houses and the history of Hogwarts, then she pulled open the doors to the Great Hall. 

     "Ohhhh!" went the crowd of at least one hundred magical students as they filed in the room. Everything got settled and the name calling started. Fred and George got in Gryffindor together, of course, so they ran past Percy when sitting down, even though he wanted them to sit near him, and took an empty seat in the back. They kind of zoned out until the very last person. 

     "Vincent, Phoenix!" 

     A short girl with very frizzy, fiery red hair walked bouncily down the aisle, not really caring that all the eyes were on her. She had a light green towel around her, her clothes dripping , but her hair was completely dry. The twins recognized her name as the one that Angebella shouted on the lake. She sat on the stool and the hat fell over her eyes. She didn't even bother to move it. The twins couldn't hear what the hat was saying, but she looked very annoyed. 

     "Yes, another Vincent, which all have been in Hufflepuff," a look of disgust crossed her face as she slumped forward, "Well, not devious enough to be in Slyther-" she stood up and grabbed the edges of the hat and shrieked. 

     "I so am devious!" 

     "Ms. Vincent!" Professor McGonagal shouted. Phoenix rolled her eyes and sat back down, letting go of the hat. 

     "Definitely not smart enough to be in Ravenclaw-" 

     "Hey!" 

     "Like to interrupt, don't you. Umm... Not loyal about anything so I have to say," this was the part everyone could hear clearly, "Griffindor!" 

     "Heck yeah!" she literally almost through the hat in the air, looking at her annoyed sisters, sticking her tongue out at them, skipping over to where the twins were sitting, and squeezing her way in between them. She sat down backwards, her back to the table. 

     "You guys are Fred and George Weasley, right? I heard your names and recognized Weasley. My stepsister are Angebella and Renella. They are always blabbing in about, I'm guessing your brother, Percy Weasley, how annoying he is, how cute he is," she opened her mouth and pretended to puke, "and I think Renella likes him." She turned around to face the table, smiling at the two of them. Little did they know, this was their crazy bird.