~ 15 ~ Wake Me Up

-----------------------------------------
Malia's POV
Dedicated to the lovely Azetteo
------------------------------------------

The light is blinding as I wake, struggling to open my tired eyes.

I attempt to sit up, but a hand pushes me back.

"You're safe now."

A female voice says, and I recognize it instantly.

Braeden.

I again struggle against her restraint.

"Where's Stiles?"

I whisper.

"I need to see him."

Her voice is sympathetic when she speaks again.

"He's at the hospital. Your Mom banged him up pretty bad. Word is he'll be okay. But I need you to stay here. Your healing isn't kicking in."

"But---"

I plead.

"Don't protest."

Braeden reprimands.

"You'd be stupid to move. I'm sure he'll call when he can so he can talk to you. Until then, we need to see if we can get some fluids into you. Melissa will be here soon."

I nod.

Last night was a blur.

All I remember is the gunshots, the blood and the two figures that rescued me.

I didn't know who they were then, it all sounded foreign and unfamiliar.

Now I know it was Braeden and Stiles.

My heart warms at the thought of him.

He still cares.

When I left Beacon Hills on this journey, our ice was thin and breaking.

Maybe he'll want to talk now.

Melissa has been in and out by the time Braeden's phone rings, and I look toward her hopefully, groaning as I struggle to move my weak muscles.

Braeden nods and then frowns, mouthing,

"It's not him."

The conversation isn't long, and Braeden soon turns to me.

"He'll be waking up soon. He can't have any visitors because the anesthesia will be making him a little loopy, but I'm sure he'll figure out a way to talk to you."

"Is he okay?"

I ask and Braden nods.

"More or less. They took a few bullets out, stitched him up a little. So far he seems to be responding pretty well to the treatment. Nothing internal as far as we know."

I smile.

"You should rest now."

Braeden tells me.

I nod before asking her a question.

"Why did you help him?"

"Because I promised to help you."

------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

So, Stiles is alive. I hope that pleases you guys. He is in the hospital though, and we know not everything is perfect at Beacon Hills Memorial.

Speaking of Stiles, let's talk about about the real one.

I really did love the premiere.

It was one of the best Teen Wolf episodes I've seen in a while, although I don't approve of Stiles's hostility toward Malia.

Sound off about that in the comments

Until next time,

TO HELL AND BACK.

------------------------------------------