02

I woke up to the sound of someone singing. I listened to it for a while before I realised which song this person was singing. My eyes shot open and I quickly pulled my body up to a sitting position. Tears were forming in my eyes and soon I was a sobbing mess. It was our  song. I hadn't heard it since the break had started and I didn't know if I should be happy about that or not. I remember exactly when we sang it together for the first time. It was at the start of our last tour, when we were in Japan.

"The crowd was absolutely amazing tonight." Niall says, while strumming lazily on his guitar. "They always are, Ni." I say, because really, it doesn't matter where we go, the crowds have always been amaing. We're currently in my hotel room, laying on my bed while Niall softly plays the guitar. I'm working on some new songs in my journal, but i can't really focus.

After the show, I asked Niall if he wanted to hang out in my room, maybe give me some guitar lessons, or watch a movie. But he insisted that I first had to finish what I was working on, before we could do something fun. So that's what I'm trying to do now, but I can't really concentrate when someone in my room is talking straight through my thoughts and ideas.

"Yeah I know, but tonight seemed just different. They were extra amazing, d'you know what I mean?"  Great. I was now officially done with him."I guess so, yeah." I mumble. After 3 more minutes of complete frustration, i decided to give up. "I think I have enough for today."  I close my journal and put it away on my nightstand. I turn around and scoop closer to Niall. "Really? That's good. I'm excited to hear it when it's finished." He says. I rest my chin on his shoulder while looking at him. "You'll be the first one to hear it, I promise. Now will you please be so kind and teach me something new?" He looks down at me and smiles. " 'Course, yeah sure. I have the perfect song to play. Here." He hands me the guitar and explains where to put my fingers, for the song he's chosen.

--------

It's an hour later and I can play this song like it's one of my own. Niall's busy on his phone, probably scrolling through his twitter feed. It took him 20 minutes to teach me the chords, and since then, i've been practising non stop. Niall has been sitting next to me the entire time, and sometimes, he'd looked up at me and smiled, saying I did good.

"Okay, I'm ready Ni." I say to get his attention. "Arhg, finally." He yawns and stretches himself out. I can see a tiny bit of his tummy now that his shirt is rising up. "Took you long enough." He says. Tss, what an ass. "Excuse me,"   I say highly offened. "I've been practising my ass of for a whole hour,now would you please be so kind and listen to it?" He chuckles and nods. "Sure, let's hear what you've got, pet." I smile at the nickname and start playing the song that Niall's teached me.

"Your hand, it fits, perfect in mine. The world has stopped, and so has time. 'Cause we're so in love, yeah we're so in love, and we're so in love."

I  look up to see him watching me with a proud look on his face. I smile at him as I softly strum the chords of the next part. And when I start singing again, he joins me.

"City lights, cloudy skies, slow dance in the rain. Won't forget how it sounds when you say my name. So we save the best for last tonight. A simple hug and kiss goodnight. As all of the angels sing our song, heaven and earth join to sing along."

I finish our song with an epic guitar solo and when I'm done, I hear Niall clapping loudly for me. I chuckle and give him a big smile. "That was really good, Harold." He says and takes the guitar from me to place it on the bed. Smirking, I say: "Why thank you Ni, you weren't so bad yourself."  He laughs and scoops over to where I'm sitting. Soon enough I feel his arms wrap around me and he burries his face in the crook of my neck. I hug him back as tight as he mumbles against my skin. "You know I love you, right?"  His words make me smile and hold him even closer. "I know," I say. "And I love you."

That night, I'd put the song as my ringtone for him. So I would hear our song everytime he'd call me. And now I was sitting here on my bed, almost three years later, hearing that song. I realised that I had to pick up soon, or else he'd hang up. With shaky hands, I grabbed my Phone to see indeed that it was him. I had put him in my contacts as 'Nialler', with a picture of us two as his profile.  

I took a deep breath before I pressed the green button and answered the call. I brought the phone  to my ear and with a shaky voice I stuttered out a quiet "h-hello?".

------------------

Hii, here is chapter two, I hope you like it :)

Thank you so much for 30 reads!! It maybe isn't much, but I definitely didn't expect it and I'm very happy about it :D

And please let me know what you think of the story so far!