Nerida Riddle, daughter of the Dark Lord - Chapter 2

Ever since then, I've kept close to my mother – at times, she's been my saviour, and she's always been there to look out for me. Admittedly, she has scared me, but a lot of people have scared me. Apparently, I looked quite pale at first, when she told me the truth, but I laughed for joy after the intial shock of finding out I wasn't an orphan. A lot of people have asked me how I knew that my mother wasn't lying to me. I suppose that really, I just knew. The biggest shock was being walked down the long black table to be introduced to my father. My mother used to be married, but her husband was killed in a fight against the Order of the Phoenix.

My father looked my in the eyes, and terror swept through me. His eyes, red, and catlike. His nose, flattened against his face. And then he smiled, and he seemed to understand my terror. I had seen him from afar, but now I was standing for close to him that he could reach my shoulder, and place his hand on it, which he did. "Hello, my daughter." He whispered in his hoarse voice. But everybody heard it. There was no more silence. All hell broke loose. Death Eaters shouting at each other, "Did you hear what the Dark Lord just said?" Even the house elf who was right at the other end of the hall heard it, and she squealed. Draco was the only one to remain quiet, his mouth wide open.

Oh, Draco, my regular tormentor all through my childhood. He was an intelligent boy, and as soon as my father spoke those words, he knew that there would be no more messing me around. For the time being, anyway.

It took a couple of minutes for my father to calm everyone down to the extent where there was silence again. He swept along the length of the table down one side, and back to his seat again, his black robes billowing behind him. And then he spoke. "You heard me correctly, my loyal followers. I have a daughter, and have had this knowledge for many years. However, today, I intercepted this letter," he announced, removing the letter in question from what seemed like out of nowhere, "From a Hogwarts owl. I decided it was time for my daughter to know who her parents are. Bellatrix is her mother, yes. I do know who I intend to betroth her to, but it is not quite time for that yet.Her name, Nerida, means flower, and her middle name means darkness, being Tenebrae. I am sure you will all treat her with the upmost respect that she deserves." I was sure when he said that, his eyes briefly flashed over Draco. He nodded to those gathered around the table, and then walked out of the room. That was goodnight. As soon as he left, my mother grabbed hold of my shoulder and tried to steer me out of the room after him, but a crowd of the most senior Death Eaters quickly gathered around me. Lucuis Malfoy's face loomed over me, but in seconds I was swept from the room and into a side chamber from the hall that I had never noticed before.

Nearly finished the new chapter, it will be coming soon :P

thank you for reading!!!! please comment and vote!!