Chapter 3... Sneaking out

*Marinas POV*

It was close to midnight when I heard everyone go to bed. I waited about half an hour to make SURE everyone was asleep. I had held back tears to be strong for everyone and I will continue to do so until I get Lake and bring her back.

I pulled back the covers and tip-toed to my closet, I pulled out my black bathing suit and a pair of shorts and put them on. I quietly opened the door, not wanting to make a noise and stalked down the stairs. I was doing pretty good at keeping quiet until I stepped down on one stair and it make the loudest creak in history. I swear that was the loudest noise I've ever heard. I whipped my head to the top of the stairs and held my breath as I heard one of my parents shift around in bed. My heart was POUNDING in my ears and thudding in my chest. After a minute or two, I continued. I left a note on the kitchen island saying,

*Dear everyone,

I'm really sorry to do this to you but I have to leave. I know where Lake is but they'll kill both of us if I don't come alone. I'm going after her. In case I don't come back, I want you all to know that Lake and I love you very much.

Goodbye.

~Marina*

With tear filled eyes, I folded the note, kissed it, and walked away.

Luckily, the back door wasn't TOO squeaky and I went through with ease. As soon as I stepped outside, I pulled out the picture of us, as I needed the strength. I looked at it and hugged it close to my chest, then put it back in my waterproof wallet. In it, I had 30 dollars in case of an emergency or for food.

'Ill find you Lake.. I promise' but was that a promise I could keep? I asked myself as I dove into the warm water.

Ok, the note said ~remote island off of the coast of Honolulu.~ I'll probably make it there around 7:30 tonight (it's around 1AM). I'll be 30 minutes early for my doom.

I swam as hard as I could.

About 3 hours later, I stopped next to a pier.

'Im sure there's something to eat there.' I thought. So I aimlessly walked around the dark pier until I found a 24 hour a day diner. My stomach growled and my energy was low, I needed food and I needed something with a LOT of sugar.

I waltzed in and the bell rang.

"Hi, welcome to the diner how may I serve you?" Asked an old lady in a bored tone. It seemed as though she's been saying the same thing for quite a while. The deserted diner echoed every word she said.

"I'll have the chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream and chocolate syrup." I order with a smile. As you can probably tell, I absolutely ADORE chocolate.

"That'll be $10. And you get a free hot chocolate with that." She replied, in the same bored tone. I handed her the money and she started giving the order to the chef. After about 3 minutes, I got my food and wolfed it down. I was so grateful for the warmth of the hot cocoa. I was out in 10 minutes and back in the water in another 5.

Only surfacing for breaks and air, I made pretty good time. When the sun rose, I made sure to stay out of people's way.

At around 7:45 I saw the island. I sat on the sand waiting for my tail to dry.

7:55.

"IM HERE!" I shouted as I stood up. "WHERE'S LAKE?!"

I heard a CLUNK and my head starting hurting. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground.

"Marina!" I thought I heard. It sounded like Lake.

"Lake..." I whispered.

Then the world.. Went... DARK.

____________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey guys! I hope you like the twist that happened in the last chapter! Who do you guys think took Lake?

I have over 30 thousand reads on my last story oh my gosh thank you all:)

I need this story to be more popular so tell your friends!!

Oh, and my BESTESTEST (I know it's not a word, but it is NOW) friend in the whole wide world is writing some pretty amazing stories!

Check her out, CandaceMcDonald18 and her stories, My Unnerving Step-Father and Forbidden

You guys are awesome! Keep reading! I love you all:)

~Sk8rgirl10