Chapter 2

*Dakota pov*

The next morning I was awoken by a heavy light seeping through the window. God, I hate mornings. I check my phone and the current time reads 10:00 am. I slowly drag myself out of bed and ended up fumbling over my suitcase. Oh, such a great start to my day already. I slowly try to pull myself up and before I know it I hear a small knock on the door.
"Come on in..." raising my voice a little. Lisa pokes her head through the door and says a little too eagerly, "Good morning! The bathroom is all yours whenever you're ready, it's down the hall on your left." A smile gracing her features.
"Okay thanks!" I reply. She backs out and shuts the door behind her.
I grab all my shower essentials along with the clothes I finally decided on wearing today and make my way down the hall and walk into the bathroom. Geez, even the bathroom is nice, the walls were painted a beautiful light grey with the floor being black tiles; they were shining and momentarily blinding me as I stepped in. I quickly take my pajamas off and hop in the shower, ignoring the freezing cold shot of pain shooting up my leg. The warm water hitting my body and causing me to wake up a bit more. My body relaxing as I reached for my shampoo bottle and wash out my long black hair. I then apply my deep conditioner and lean my body against the cool bathroom walls. My eyes shutting as the relaxing water continued to collide with my fair skin. Once I was finished rinsing all the conditioner (and remaining shampoo) out of my hair, I turn the shower off and proceed over to the pure white sink to brush my teeth. Once that's done, I glance at myself in the big ass mirror that hangs over the sink, should I put makeup on today? I pondered for a moment as I stared at my make up bag.
Nah, I thought to myself as I pushed it to the side. I reach over for my hair dryer and begin the process of drying my hair, once that's finished I quickly straighten it and begin to throw my clothes on for today. I finally settled on wearing my white R2D2 t-shirt (could you tell I'm obsessed with Star Wars?), dark blue skinny jeans and a black beanie.
I grab all the shit I brought with me to the bathroom and make my way back down the hall and into the guest room. I take my phone off the charger and check the time again, currently 10:30 am. Wow, that's the shortest time I've taken in the bathroom, usually I'm a bathroom hog! Anyways, I throw all my bathroom shit and pajamas back into my suitcase and make my way downstairs.
I still can't get over how nice this damn house is. I make my way over to the giant kitchen, hell everything in this house is fucking giant.

The kitchen is aligned with dark brown hard wood flooring, pistachio colored walls and a marble topped counter in the center. I notice Alex standing in front of the stove cooking what looks like pancakes? The aroma was so inviting and relaxed my senses, but also made them more alert.
"Morning, Dakota," he says smiling at me, continuing cooking.
"Morning" I reply, "you cooking pancakes?"
"Why yes I am!" He shouts enthusiastically
"You want me to grab some plates?" I questioned him, already eyeing the white plates.
"Uh, sure... that'd be great." he replies back to me. He didn't bother with looking back at me, I'm sure he would somehow burn the food. He's extremely clumsy.
I walk over to the pure black cabinet and grab three plates. I set the table and soon after Alex puts two pancakes on each plate. That's when Lisa casually walks in, the three of us sit down and dive into our pancakes. We make small talk until all three of us finish. When I was done, I collected my plate and place it in the sink. I then turn the faucet on, grab a sponge and some dish soap and begin washing the plates in the sink. Just when I was almost done washing my plate, Alex bumps into me on purpose, causing me to drop the object in the sink. I groaned, shot him a death glare and pick up where I left off on the dishes.
"Uh, you're our guest, guest don't wash the dishes." He said. I bump into him even harder sending him out of the way. "You have to let me do something!" I exclaimed, my eyebrows slightly furrowing in annoyance. He's such a child.
He then bumps into me been harder, forgetting how small I was, causing me to collide with the hard floor.
"OH!" I screech at the unexpected pressure that sent me down. My knee began to surge with pain as I look up at him and scowl. He begins laughing so hard that I swear he might actually piss himself.
"God, you're such an asshole!" I shouted at him. I stood up and tried to brush myself off as best I could. My knee still hurting, but it isn't something I couldn't handle.
"Im sorry! I forgot how small you actually are." He says still laughing but not nearly as hard as he was. His eyes were glistening with unshed tears of joy.

*Alex pov*

I didn't realize how hard I bumped into her until she hit the floor. At that point I couldn't control my laughter. She looked so pissed off which made it even funnier. Finally, I was able to gain control of my laughter as she stood up.
"God, you're such an asshole!" She shouted at me.
"I'm sorry. I forgot how small you actually are!" I replied back with, still laughing but not as hard. After all the excitement died down, I finish cleaning up the kitchen and putting everything away. Then I glance over at the clock hanging on the wall; holy shit, when did it become noon? The guys are supposed to come over here soon. I looked over to where the door was that allowed us in and out of the kitchen. Speaking of that, I should probably tell Dakota that they'll be over soon.

*Dakota pov*

So after all that shit, I gave in and let Alex finish cleaning and putting everything away. When I left, I wasn't sure what to do. I ended up just hanging outside of the kitchen for a bit before I decided to look around the house a bit more. I would say at this point, I knew my way around, but I didn't know everything like the back of my hand, and since I'm going to be staying here for awhile, I might as well get acquainted with my surroundings.
I ended up in what looks like the living room? Yeah, it was definitely the living room. The flooring looked exactly like the kitchen floor did, except the living room walls were painted a light cream color. The walls had a few pictures on them, looked like family pictures? They were probably pictures of Lisa's family cause they sure didn't look like any of Alex and I's family.
Then in the dead center of the wall was a forty five inch television that took up a huge part of the wall. I plopped down on the black leather couch next to where Lisa was sitting.
"Hey, whatcha doing?" I inquired, my eyes following her movements.
"Just looking through Instagram, why was Alex laughing so hard in the kitchen?" She's asks me, her eyebrows raised.
"His dumbass purposely bumped into me too hard and I fell." I explained to her, my knee throbbing at the memory of what happened only a few minutes a ago.
Lisa and I engaged in light conversation for awhile until when I heard Alex shout my name.
"Dakota! Get your ass over here!" He yelled
I pushed myself off the couch and made my way over to where he was.
"Why have you summoned me?" I asked, jokingly, strolling my ass back through the kitchen.
"I forgot to mention to you that the guys will be over here soon. You remember them don't you?" He questioned me.
Of course I remembered who the rest of the band was! I basically grew up with them. The last time I saw them was the same time I last saw Alex. I haven't really talked to any of them in awhile, though. Multiple memories of all our adventures flashed through my mind as I recalled who each of them were.
Rian was the drummer. He and I were pretty close. I always thought of him as like an older brother to me. I remember this one time he was trying to show me how to play his drums, and I ended up smacking him in the face with one of the sticks. That was fun. He was so mad at me...
Then there's the bassist Zack, I always used to call him Thor cause all he did was workout. Who am I kidding, he probably still works out a lot. He was so buff and strong, something I wished I could be, but yaknow, in a cute, feminine way.
Finally, there was Jack. Jack and I were incredibly close, not as close as Alex and I are but you get the point. We were always getting into some sort of trouble and just trying to have a bad ass time. He somehow always ended up running around naked or screaming he wants to fuck a burrito. I also forgot to mention something.... I had just about the biggest crush ever on Jack.
Of course though, Alex being Alex, forbid me from going out with him. He's so overprotective of me. I remember when I told him I had feelings for Jack, he got so angry with me and screamed at the top of his lungs saying things like "He's bad for you!" "You'll just end up hurt in the end!" and after that he wouldn't even speak to me for about a week, maybe a week and half. I finally told him that I didn't have those feelings anymore for Jack, but of course that was a lie... the feelings never went away.