He watched her, as she spoke. I could see that he was coming around. Alice can be pretty convincing when she wants to be.

He nodded, and looked at her. He believed her.

"I can see that now, Alice. I was just shocked that my daughter was dating one of her teachers. But, something she said, stuck with me."

He looked at me, and I suddenly felt very nervous.

"You asked me if I remembered what I said to Angela and Lucy, about finding that treats you right and makes you happy. And as much as I wish you would find someone your own age, I can see you really care about Alice, and I can see now, that she cares about you. I'm sorry about the way I reacted. But, you need to understand that it was a shock to find out that my daughter was dating her chemistry teacher. Although, I was wondering why you were stuttering and blushing when you introduced us."

He had to remind me about that, didn't he?

Alice smiled, but I could see she was trying to keep calm.

"Dad, I knew it was going to be a shock. But, I couldn't just come home and tell you. That would've made things much much worse. I really do care about her dad, and she cares about me. She's been there for me, through everything with Mitch. She supported me, and so did you."

My dad looked at Alice, and she just smiled at him.

"I wasn't sure if I should mention that."

Alice shook her head, and looked at my dad.

"No, I know all about that. I supported Bella through it, like she said. But, so did you. She told me about how you were worried about her, and making sure she was OK."

Oh, she has him now.

He looked at me, and turned to look at her.

"You care about her, I can see that now."

She nodded, smiling at him.

"I really do. I want to be there for her, Mr. Swan."

He nodded and looked at me.

"Can you give us a minute, Bella?"

I looked at Alice, and she nodded. So, I walked into the bedroom and sat on the bed. I looked around, and decided to tidy up a little. I cleaned up and thought about what was going on. He was sorry? I hoped Alice was OK, talking to him. But, he probably just wanted to talk to her about everything. I ran my hand through my hair, worrying.

I heard the door close and she walked into the bedroom. She walked over to me, and I took her hand, tugging her onto my lap.

"What did he-"

"He just wanted to talk. Apparently, you told him that you were the one, who pushed."

I blushed, leaning my head against her shoulder.

"I was trying to talk him out of thinking that you pushed me into this. Plus, I was the one who pretty much, demanded to talk that day."

She tilted my head up, to look at her. She was smiling at me. She kissed me, leaning her forehead against mine.

"Bella, I still might've said no. So, it wasn't completely down to you. He just wanted to talk to me about, well, taking care of you."

That didn't surprise me. That's what I'd thought.

"You think I would've left? I know that you kissed me back that day. That meant something, even if you made me leave after it."

She blushed, and I kissed her cheek.