You're the risk I'm willing to take

"Bella, get up or you're going to be late!"

I heard my dad calling me, and got up. First day of senior year, great. I got ready and left. I met Angela and my boyfriend Mitch and we went inside. Mitch smiled at me, kissing my cheek. His shaggy brown hair fell into his eyes, and he shook his head.

"You need a haircut, Mitch."

He laughed, looking at me. Angela just stood watching us.

"Yeah, yeah."

I shook my head, laughing as I got my books. I had to take chemistry this year, a subject I absolutely hated. I had it last, so I went to class with Angela, leaving Mitch.

"So, how are things with Mitch?"

I shrugged. He was basically a nice guy, but he could be kind of possessive. Something which annoyed me, if he even saw me talking to another guy, he freaked out. We've been together for about 3 months, and I was hoping it would pass.

"OK, it would be better if he didn't lose it every-time I spoke to someone who isn't you or him."

We sat down next to each other in English, and the teacher walked in.

There was a rumour of a new chemistry teacher, Ms.Brandon, and everyone was talking about her at lunch. I ignored Eric and Mike, I wouldn't get much out of them about her, that was actually relevant to her ability to teach. Eric was Angela's boyfriend, so he was lucky she didn't slap him.

"Eric, if I were you, I'd keep my mouth shut."

He looked at me, a slightly confused expression on his face.

"But, she......."

I looked at Angela, and he turned to look at her. She looked at him, shaking her head. He immediately shut up, and she smiled. This guy was a bit of an idiot, but he was Angela's idiot.

"You're an idiot."

Eric looked at me, he knew I was kidding, but pretended to be offended. But, it was Angela who spoke.

"Hey, thats my idiot you're talking to."

She smiled at me, and kissed his cheek.

I walked into my last class and sat down, trying to figure out why I had to take this class. Angela and Mitch weren't in this class with me, so I had no one to distract me. The door opened and she walked in. She had short dark hair, and she brushed a lock of it behind her ear after she put down the stack of papers she was holding. She looked to be around 5'1, but the heels she was wearing made her look taller.

"OK. I understand most of you don't want to take this class, but you're here. If you're want to work, great. If not, thats fine. Don't disrupt the people who actually want to learn."

Now, that surprised me. Most teachers lose it, if you don't pay attention. She started the class, and someone started causing trouble. She was a new teacher, so I was interested in how she would handle this. Kevin made some .......... inappropriate comments and she threw him out. This surprised everyone, but I was glad that she had handle it. She gave us work to do, told us to start, and to come up to her desk if we had a problem. I started the work, using the notes she had given us.

I had an issue with one of the problems, and went up to her desk.She turned to me, smiling.

"Is everything OK?"

I pointed to the problem, that I was struggling with.

"I'm not sure about this one."

She took my pen, and wrote something down.