01

Hi! This is my first narry fanfiction and it's extremely sad, but i hope you'll like it. I'll try to update once a week and please let me know what you think of it :)

-------------------------------
Harry's POV

Today was the day of the reunion. We had it planned months ago, years even, but we just couldn't find a date where everyone was able to come. We were all so busy with our own lives now, Louis with his child and record label, Liam with his songwriting, Zayn with his second album and also second fiancé, and Niall with his... I don't know exactly what he's been doing lately, we haven't properly talked to each other. I did speak to him though, it was two weeks back.

Liam had called everyone, had asked us if we still wanted to reunite. He said that Niall and I should pick a date, because according to him, we were the only two who had the time at the moment. So the following day, I called him. After a minute or something he picked up the phone.

"Harry?" I heard him ask in disbelief. "Hello" I answered, I didn't know what to say to him. We hadn't talked to each other for more than two years. After a few seconds of silence I opened my mouth again.

"It's me. Um... I was wondering if you'd like to meet to plan the reunion and everything." Silence. I heard nothing but absolute silence. "You know, to go over everything, maybe to catch up with each other. Liam had asked me to pick a date with you, you know, because we've got the time and the others are really busy at the moment. So..." He didn't say a word. I thought that maybe he'd hung up, so I looked down on my phone, but he was still there. "Hello?" I tried again. "Can you hear me?" After another long silence, I decided to give up. Maybe it was the bad connection. He could be in London, while I was in L.A. so that was probably the reason why he didn't hear or answered me. But before I could hang up, I heard him.

His tone was soft and gentle, just how it always has been. "Hi. I did hear you, I was just shocked that you called actually, sorry." I didn't know that I'd missed his voice so much, but it was so good to hear it again after almost three years. It hadn't changed much really, his accent was a little bit thicker than before, probably because he'd been living in Ireland for a while, and he just sounded older. I liked it though, the sound of his voice, his new voice and I could just close my eyes and listen to him for the rest of my life.

"Harry?" I snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of my name. "Uh yeah I'm here, sorry I zoned out for a bit, it's okay. I'm just so happy to hear your voice." Just talking to him made me feel so happy again and I wish we'd never lost contact. "Er, yeah, what was that you said about the reunion?" I would be lying if I said that that didn't hurt a bit. But maybe he was in a rush, maybe he didn't have time to talk about each other's voices. So I said "Liam had asked us to pick a date for the reunion, so I thought we could meet some time to plan everything, maybe grab a coffee, talk for a little bit. Since, you know, we haven't for a while. Like two years... Niall I just want to see you, hear about what you've done on the break, laugh like we used to do and may-." "Harry." I was cut off by him calling my name, again. "Yes?" I asked. "Look, I don't have time for this. I'll call you tomorrow and then we can choose the date, alright?" See? He was in a hurry, he didn't have time for this right now. I should have just asked him, instead of my stupid rambling. Now he is annoyed, well done Harry. I answered him with a quiet "alright" and then he hung up.

The next day I waited for Niall to call me but at the time I was getting ready for bed, I still hadn't heard from him. I didn't want to annoy him again so I decided to just go to bed and see what tomorrow would bring.

I couldn't sleep though. I laid awake in bed for hours just thinking about my life and the choices I had made. If we didn't go on a break three years back, what would've happened? Would we still be a band today? Would we still talk to each other, be friends, or even more than that?

The thoughts I had were mainly about him. Niall. I could have just called him sometime during the break. But for some reason, I didn't. And before I knew it, it was two years later and we had become complete strangers to each other. But that doesn't mean my feelings for him have died. I still love him. And I still miss him. God, do I miss him.

Sometimes I watch old videos of us as a band, or I go through my phone and look at the pictures we've taken together. And at those moments, all the memories come back. From the five of us, the four of us and even the memories of just me and him. And when I lay in bed at one of those nights, I cry myself to sleep while listening to one of our songs. And I try to remember the feelings he gave me. How he always seemed to be happy, how he always laughed at my stupid jokes. How the little moments we had on the tours made me feel so happy inside and how it felt to just hold him in my arms all night and have his soft lips locked with my own.

But these thoughts were nothing more than sad memories I suppose. And as long as it takes him to call me back, those memories are all that's left of us.