I mentally shook my head. No, none of that would happen because I knew it was only stress. Stress, stress, stress. That was it.

       When Dr. Shay finished, she told me she would get back to me within twenty-four hours, possibly closer to now. When I was done, I walked out of the room and went back to Grayson. "So?" he asked.

       I gave him a fake smile. "Everything's okay," I said. "Nothing too bad. She just had to take a blood test and she'll get back to me later."

       "So you're okay?" he asked and I nodded. "Thank God. I was really worried about you. I guess we'll head home now, but we'll stop by McDonald's first, my treat."

       "Like always," I said with an eye roll. He took my hand in his, leading me to his car and opening the passenger door for me. We went through the drive-through of McDonald's, both of us getting a McChicken and fries. We ate it on the way back to the apartment.

       Since it was Sunday and we had no work for university, we decided to play some video games. It was just what I needed. I was feeling less stressed already and I was able to concentrate on the game.

       Before I knew it, we had been playing for three hours. Even though we could never get bored of gaming, we decided to watch a movie instead. I curled up next to Grayson on the couch, feeling more comfortable in his arms.

       We watched more movies before I got a phone call. I was a bit shocked to see Dr. Shay's office number on my phone. My appointment was at nine o'clock and it was a bit before three. I thought it would have taken a bit longer than six hours to get results.

       "Hello?" I answered, feeling a bit nervous. Please be stress, please be stress.

       "Hello, Poppy," Dr. Shay said. "I got the test results from your blood test. It came back positive."

       When she said that, I felt like my heart stopped. "So....I'm...."

       "Yes, you're pregnant," she said. "Do you think you can come to my office tomorrow?"

       "I-I have class," I said. "My last class is....it ends at two."

       "Okay, I have a slot opened at four-thirty," she said. "Can you make it then?"

       "Y-yeah," I said. "Sure."

       "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." When we hung up, I put my phone on the coffee table, feeling tears stinging the corner of my eyes. I didn't want to cry, but I couldn't help it.

       "Poppy?" Grayson said, his voice filled with concern. "Was that your doctor?" I nodded. "What did she say?"

        I took a deep breath. "She....She said...." No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't say it. I was afraid of his reaction. I was afraid he wouldn't want to stay with me because of it. People did that all the time and I couldn't lose him. He was the only boy I would ever love.

       Grayson pulled me into a hug and I couldn't hold it in any longer. I cried, digging my face into his chest. He lightly rubbed my back, assuring me that it was okay. But it wasn't. I was pregnant.

       "Poppy, please tell me what she said," he said. "I'm worried about you."

       "Promise you won't leave me?" I asked in a quiet voice, trying to control my sobs.

       "Why on earth would I leave you?" he asked. "I would never, ever do that. You're my Flower and my whole world. No matter what, I won't leave you." He pulled away, wiping the tears from my eyes. "Can you please tell me what she said?"

       I looked down. "You know how I've been feeling hungry, dizzy, and nauseous?" He nodded. "That's....that's not everything. I....I missed my period. It wasn't stress, Grayson. It's our baby."

       Grayson didn't say anything for a while. I didn't even look at his face. I couldn't bear myself to see his reaction. "You're pregnant?" he asked. I nodded, still looking down. However, he placed his hand on my cheek, gently moving my face so I would look at him. Then, he pressed his lips on mine. When he pulled away, he said what I needed to hear. "Poppy, I would never leave you."

       "I'm scared, Grayson," I said, more tears coming. "I'm only eighteen and I don't know what my parents will say and I don't even know how to raise a kid."

       "Hey," he said softly. "Your parents won't get mad at you. You're an adult and you're in university. Just think, my cousin's getting married and she's your age."

       "What do you want to do?" I asked. "With the baby?"

       "You mean the three options?" Grayson asked. I nodded and he released a long breath. "I....want to raise it."

       I nodded. I didn't really know what I wanted, but it was Grayson's choice too. If he wanted to raise it, then we would.

       I laid down on couch, may head resting on Grayson's lap. He rubbed my back with one hand as he used his other hand to hold one of mine. "We're too young, Grayson," I said, sniffling a bit.

       "We're not too young," Grayson objected. "Like I said, Elliot is the same age as you and she's getting married. And when the baby is born, you'll be nineteen and I'll be twenty. Yes, it's young, but not too young."

       "I don't even know how to tell my parents," I said.

       "Do you want to call them now?" Grayson asked. 

       "No, I'd rather do it in person," I said. "We'll figure it out later. I have to see my doctor tomorrow at four-thirty. Can you come with me?"

       "Yeah, of course," Grayson said. 

       "How are you staying so calm?" I asked.

       Grayson let out a long sigh and hesitated before answering. "Remember when my mom left because my dad was beating me? She didn't want to deal with my getting hurt by my father so she took the easy way out. I don't want to be like my parents, Poppy. I don't want to take the easy way out. Yes, it's shocking that I got you pregnant but in all honesty....I kind of want a kid. I want to be the dad that mine wasn't. I didn't imagine having one at nineteen, technically twenty, but I do want one."

       I smiled faintly at that. I was still in shock and freaking out, but at least I knew Grayson was in this one hundred percent. And that was a reason why I loved him so much. When we argued, no matter how bad it was, I knew he wouldn't leave me. All I needed to get through this was him.

________________

So that was the big surprise that was happening in the book. Some of you guessed it in the previous chapter. cx I tried dropping hints but I didn't want to make it too obvious. cx

This would have been up sooner, but I was getting distracted on YouTube. I lose focus too easily. cx

So I already have the gender and the name picked out, but it won't be revealed for a while. The name is so cute in my opinion. cx

The picture is of Mina who will start being in the book more.