Watercolor (+ BONUS STORY)

Crystal Waters hopped onto her usual rock at noon, like always, nothing special. That was, until a week ago she's been starting to see a stallion pass by at this time of day. Usually, she'd come to her rock anytime she pleased, but she started to come only at noon, and she wasn't quite sure why. Although, it wasn't a coincidence that the vibrant colored stallion passed by at that very same time.
Crys, by instinct, scanned the sky for the stallion, and sure enough, there he was, passing by like usual. She swore she saw him look back at her, but shrugged it off, thinking it was her imagination. Crystal sighed and watched him leave, but unexpectedly turn around and fly towards her. He only did that once before, when he saw her for the first time. He got close with an awed expression, then flew away bashfully, Crystal remembered.
The stallion got close, but didn't fly away. Instead he invited himself on her rock, smiling warmly at the merpony.
She was unsure if she could trust this stallion or not, but an urge inside of her told her it was okay and safe around him, despite how cautious she felt.
There was a minute silence until the stallion spoke first.

"Hi." He spoke warmly, but bashfully, again.

Crystal hesitated before responding,
"H-hello," all of a sudden, nervous.

"I, uh see you on the way to work since I got my new job... s-so I thought I'd introduce myself since we'd be seeing each other every day..." The stallion said.

'Does he realize I don't have to come here everyday? I can swim to some
other rock...' Crystal thought to herself. Though something compelled her in her mind to keep coming back to the rock. She wasn't sure why, but she was drawn to this stallion.

"So, my name's Vivid Hue, but jus' call me Hue. You?" Hue asked, looking in awe again at Crystal.

"Uh, I'm Crystal Waters."

"That's a bit of a mouthful... may I call you Crys?"

Crystal nodded, becoming more and more nervous by the minute.

"So, you're a merpony? Tha's pretty amazing, you're really special."

Crystal just nodded, becoming fuzzy at the compliment.

"Thanks. You got some nifty wings there, yourself." She said, admiring the neatly folded feathers on each side of Hue.

He folded out his wings and hid his face under his brushy mane shyly.

"Wha' these old things? They aren' as beautiful as your tail... or all of you for tha' matter."

Crystal just felt warm and fuzzy again. She felt very safe with Hue around, and it had only been about ten minutes.

"So, what is your job?" Crystal asked, now curious.

"Me? Oh I'm a SkyPaint Crafter. I create SkyPigments, or paint for my sister and the other SkyPainters to paint the sky in certain times of day."

She just looked at him in awe.

"So, you make the paint that creates the beautiful sky colors?" Crystal asked, looking up at the cerulean blues and dabs of new turquoise and periwinkle in the sky.

"Well, yeah..."

"That's so amazing! I love watching the colors in the sky... it's one of my favorite things to do..."

"Oh... really?!" Hue asked giddily, "Well, I'll make a new unique paint formula for you today and put it on today's sunset."

"You'd really do that?"

"Oh sure! Call it a new friend gift."

She smiled widely.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Tell you what, after I come back from making the formula at work, I'll come back and watch it with you. How abou' it?" Hue grinned.

"Yeah, sure!" Crystal smiled happily.

"I promise!" He said before flying off.

And guess what? He did. Both of them watched the new aqua green and deep sea blue sky with a perfect, new friendship-like silence.

I DUB THEE SHIP NAME: WATERCOLOR!! courtesy of Dream for that amazing name!! EW... that doodle sucks. Sorry for butchering your beautiful merpony bab, Misty! And eh... the writing is meh. But hope you enjoyed. You like it if I do small mini stories like these for some of my story-drawn art pieces?