Till Dawn Comes-Chapter Two

I regain consciousness every once in a while just to be confused. Aren’t I dead? I mean, a bullet through you’re chest has to kill you, doesn’t it? I wait for sleep to come back but this time it doesn’t.

            I peel one of my eyes open and peek around, hoping that I’ll be in my bedroom, waiting for the party but nope. Instead I’m in some room. I guess you could call it ordinary because all there is is a bed and a dresser. I move my head to look more around the room and it squeaks. I hold my breath as I wait for someone to come, that is, if someone was here. I sure hope no one’s here.

            No one comes. I open my other eye, wipe the sleep out of my eyes and look around. Like I said all that’s in here is a bed and dresser but well, there’s also pictures on the wall and there kind of disturbing.

            One of them is a person that has hair all over their body, pointed ears, vicious looking yellow eyes, and there lips are pulled back in a snarl that shows a lot of sharp teeth. The other pictures?  Well, there’s one a wolf attacking a person, some other ones that follow that line and-

            “Hey, isn’t that?” I slowly get up from the bed and feel light headed. “Hoo.” I say as I put a hand to my forehead and sit back onto the bed for a couple minutes. I try again and this time make it to the picture, well, should I say portrait.

            I study the picture. It’s a portrait of a young man, maybe seventeen and he looks a lot like the guy I saw at the party. You’d think that being shot, and dying? Would do something to wreck my memory, but weirdly it doesn’t. I can see the guy as if he’s standing right in front of me. I close my eyes and imagine him standing there and when my eyes open I jump.

            “Who are you?” I scream. “Where am I?”

            The guy stays in the shadows. “I’m you’re friend, no need to get snippy,” He says with a hint of annoyance.

            “My friend!” I yell. “My friend wouldn’t stay in the shadows like a little wimp, and they would not take me to some horrid house and not tell me who they are.”

            The guy groans, crosses his arms, and leans against the wall. “They did warn me about you’re attitude.” He says, mostly to himself.

            What? Who did? “Who are they?”

            He shakes his head and talks as if I didn’t. “You’re in my house.”

            I glare at him. “Why? And where is you’re house?”

            He unhitches from the wall and walks over to me. But of course he’s still in the shadows so I can’t see his face. He does seem familiar though but I don’t recognize his voice. At all.

            “To protect you. And that is need to know information.” He says, with a smart ass tone.

            I groan. “Protect me? Protect me from what? And need to know? How am I hear and not need to know?”

            The guy goes back to the door. “Once again. That’s need to know information.” He leaves the room and I throw myself back onto the hard bed.

            Who the hell was that? And why am I in his house? And why does he need to protect me? Like seriously, if he wants me to stay than he better explain better.  I get up from the bed and walk out of the room to a dimly lit living room. I stop short when I see the guy sleeping on the couch with a hat tipped over his face.