Chapter 22: Time Flies and Friends Lie

Start from the beginning

And it's now or never

I ain't gonna live forever

I just wanna live while I'm alive

(It's my life)

My heart is like an open highway

Like Frankie said, "I did it my way"

I just wanna live while I'm alive

'Cause it's my life!

            “Wakey, wakey.”

            “Just five more minutes.” I tried to roll over but hit glass. Groggily, I looked up to see Matt laughing his ass off at me. “Shut up.”

            I looked around and most of the bus was in total chaos. I could here at least three song being song. Looking outside, all I see are more trees. Shocking. Interstates are so boring. There is nothing to see.  But they are the fasted way to get where we are going.

            “Why did you wake me up? I was having a good dream.”

            “Oh. What about?”

            “Wouldn’t you like to know?”

            I can’t tell him what the dream was. If I do, I’ll never hear the end of it.

-Jake’s Dream-

            “Here, Suzy.” I reached down and pat her head. “Good girl. Now go find Rikki.”

            I watched as the chocolate lab ran around in search of my girlfriend. Her new collar clearly evident against her dark fur. The shiny little name tag sparkling in the sunlight.

            Her bark echoed through the house. She had found her target. I ran towards the sound of my little Suzy.

            She was pawing at the back door. Out back was Rikki. She was working in one of the gardens. I have a black thumb, but not that girl. She can make anything grow. I will never admit this to anyone other than her, but I’m glad she agreed to fix up my house and make it look nice.

            I slid the door open and out went Suzy. Just like I had trained her to. She ran right over to Rikki but didn’t leave enough time to stop. Suzy slid right into her and sent both of them into the garden.

            “Hi, Suzy.” She started scratching the dog we both love. “I see you got a new collar.” She’s looking at the collar! This is working perfectly.

            “Wakey, Wakey.”

-Dream over-

            Now I have no clue what was going on in that dream. But I wanted to know what was on the collar and why I was so excited about it. Too late now.

            “We were wondering if you wanted to start up a song.”

            “You guys can. I don’t feel like it.”

            “But we need you to play guitar.”

            “Liz can do it.”

            “She doesn’t know how to play.”

            “Why don’t you ask her?”

            He turned to her and she nodded her head. Matt turned back to me.

            “How did you know that?”