• O N E •

Ava POV                          3:41am

" She was waiting but she didn't know for what . She was aware only of her solitude , and of the penetrating cold , and of a greater weight in the region of her heart . "

•                                                               •

Silence .

Something that I grew to enjoy in these past hours . Incomparably better than the feeling of old rusty wire cutting against the wrists of my skin , alongside a severely dry throat .

I took this moment , as a wholesome moment , to let everything out .

What did I do to deserve this ?
Why did I move here ?
If I stayed, would they still have found me ?
Why am I here ?
What possessed me to close the shop so late ?

The more questions I raised towards myself , the louder my sobs grew . I just couldn't get this through my head . I was a very reputable girl .

I had morals and values that I carried with me throughout time . I was a firm believer in God , and no one could take that away from me .

Yet I , of all people , get put in such a predicament .

My loud sobs eventually grew silent , as I tried to compose myself . My sleepless nights started to catch up to me as I soon drifted into a deep sleep .

I was awakened shortly after by a light tapping on my left shoulder .

" Hun , it's time to get up . Stephen wants to greet you . "

Before me was a tall , slender woman . She had deep caramel skin and her dark black hair graced below her shoulders . She was beautiful .

She began to cut the wires off my wrists and ankles , leaving my mind to wonder off again .

Who the hell is Stephen ?

She slowly helped me up from the wooden chair as I instantly felt relief . Although my backside still throbbed a few moments afterwards.

She led me to a rather large house . It had a big fountain cascading the center of the long driveway , with many luxurious cars pulled up alongside .

It was breathtaking , although , the Manor was a bit isolated .

As we made our way inside , we were met with a grand foyer , which led to the kitchen and living area . She led me up to one of the double staircases into one of the many , guest bedrooms . It was large enough to be a master .

" Make yourself at home . This is going to be your room for the time being . We already have seasons full of wardrobe prepared for you . Just make sure your ready , and downstairs in the next 45 minutes . " The woman lightly smiled at me making her way through the exit .

Alone once again .

I made my way around the room , slowly familiarizing myself with it . Once pulling out what I had planned on wearing , I found myself inside of the bathroom .