Chapter 5: He's Here

Remi's POV: I woke up the next morning to someone knocking on my door. I got out of bed and went to answer it. I opened the door, and there stood Sean. I couldn't hold my tears back. I wrapped my arms around him and started crying. He tightly hugged back. "I'm so glad to see you." I said. "Everything's ok honey." He replied. After a few seconds, I pulled away. "I gotta get dressed. I start treatment today." I said. "I'll be waiting." Sean said as he sat on the couch. I went and changed into my sweatpants and SepticEye Sam hoodie and went into the living room. Sean chuckled when he saw me. "What?" I asked with a smile. "Nothing, you just look adorable." He said as he got up. We just stared at each other for a few seconds. Then he leaned in and kissed me. I enjoyed it. After a few seconds, we pulled away. "W-we should get going." I said. He wrapped his arm around me and we went to my car. "I'll drive. Just tell me where to go." Sean said. "Alright." I said. I gave him directions and we got to the hospital. I guided him to the cancer unit. I've been here before so I unfortunately know where I'm going. "Hello Remi. Are you ready?" The nurse asked me. I nodded. My throat really hurt from crying so I didn't want to speak much. I was led to the chair and laid down. She got everything ready and put the needle in my chest. Here we go again. Sean took a Septic Eye Sam blanket out of his backpack and laid it on me. I chuckled when I saw it. It was soft and warm. I got comfortable and fell asleep. But then it hit me. I woke up again and looked at Sean. "You ok?" He asked. "No. I just realized something." I said. "What?" He asked. "I can't afford this." I said. "What do you mean?" Sean asked. "My job is a cosmetic reviewer. I don't make much a year. After today I can't afford my treatment anymore." I said. "Remi, just get some rest. We'll figure this out." Sean said. I cleared my mind and fell back asleep.

Sean's POV: When Remi was sound asleep I got up and walked outside. I took my phone out and hit record. "Hey guys. I just wanted to give you a little update. I didn't get to upload a video today because I had gotten some bad news last night. My girlfriend, and I know you girls don't like hearing that word, but my girlfriend was just diagnosed with lung cancer for the second time, and–" I paused. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh. "And we don't know if she's gonna be ok. I'm at the hospital with her right now. I—I have a crazy favor to ask you guys. She can't afford anymore treatment after today. I want to set up a fundraiser page, and all I ask from you guys is to donate a little money. I never ask much of you guys ever, but she needs your help. All of this money will go straight to her. I—I don't want to lose her guys. I've known her since we were young. It's all I ask guys. "Thank you so much. I'll see you all in the next video." I said before I stopped recording. I went back inside. Remi was still asleep. I set up the fundraiser page and uploaded the video. Within minutes donations were coming in. I let out a sigh of relief. She has hope...