Can't Let This Go

Magsimula sa umpisa

Once I get to the WFC I park in the employee lot and head towards the locker rooms. I was just making it in time to get some pictures of them in the locker room before warm-ups to post on Instagram. I check my phone and I have a couple unread texts from Claude. "Hey buddy where are ya?", "looks like Rielly is finally late to work for once in her life," "okay, now you're really late where are you?" the texts say. I can't help but let out a laugh while reading them. I loved being friends with Claude, don't get me wrong, it was just killing me on the inside seeing him moved on while I was still feeling so much for him.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Miss Katina showing up late?" I hear a familiar, silky, voice say as I push through the doors where all the offices and locker rooms are.

Looking up I see, Claude in his basketball shorts and flyers t-shirt he usually wears before games. I laugh, shaking my head, "I'm not that late Roo," I say as I give a small shove to Claude's shoulder.

"I don't know about that," he chimes tapping his watch, "usually you're 15 minutes early and tonight you're 5 minutes late- so that technically makes you 20 minutes late."

"I don't think that's what that means," I scoff as we walk towards my shared office with Jeff, and Lily.

"Sure it does," he smiles devilishly, "see you before the game?" he asks as we stop outside my office.

"Yeah sure, I gotta just drop off a couple things before warm-ups."

Suddenly, the door opens before Claude can respond, "Ah! Katina! There you are, I was just about to come look for you!" Kelly smiles, "and you're with G."

"Hey Kel," Claude smirks, "long time no see," he says as though they're old friends, making my head spin.

"I just have to talk to you real quick- do you have time?" she asks.

"Uh- yeah sure, of course," I manage to get out as my heart starts to beat faster and faster- what could this possibly be about now?

"See you later," Claude smiles nervously as he walks away from us.

I walk into my office to see Jeff, and Lily at their desks and a fresh new very pretty face, eagerly smiling in the center of the room. Crap! I totally forgot! My new intern's here tonight! I had totally forgot about the email reminding us all when the interns were going to be here.

"Tessy this is Ms. Rielly," she introduces me abruptly, "I already gave Tessy the tour of the offices like planned, would you want to show her the ropes tonight?" Kelly asks excitedly- she too was eager for the intern to show up- something about this was apparently absolutely great for PR.

"Yes, of course- I'd love too," I say and flash a bright smile.

"Sounds good! I'll talk to you girls later- have fun Tessy!" Kelly chimes as she leaves the room.

"Ms. Rielly thanks so much for letting me internship with you!" Tessy smiles, pushing her thick gorgeous curly hair behind her ears; she didn't look all that much younger than me- only 4 or 5 years younger.

"Oh, please you can call me Kat, really," I inform her with a grin- no need to make me feel like an 'old wise man willing to teach a young grasshopper.' "Ready for me to talk you through the basic routine we'll do before each game?"

"Yes!" she practically yells and quickly snatches her camera from a bag next to my desk. I wave goodbye to Lily and Jeff sitting at their desks before I leave the room with Tessy; they whisper good luck and snicker just before I close the door causing me to giggle. 

"So are you a big hockey fan?" I ask as we make our way towards the locker rooms- only she didn't quite know that yet.

"Yes! HUGE! How bout you?" she replies with an eager smile.