Chapter 5

HERMIONE

Draco walked away, his hands shoved in his pockets.

Hermione stood stunned. Heat rushed to her cheeks.

Draco liked her? No, he was probably just joking. It was all a prank so he could tease her later on. Or was it? Draco Malfoy, the mysterious boy with the platinum hair.

She clumsily bumped into Professor McGonagall.

Professor helped her up. " Oh! I apologize, Professor," Hermione stuttered.

" It's quite alright, I was looking for you anyways. I just wanted to say that you've been chosen as Head Girl, congratulations! I will show you to your room and help you make a password with the Head Boy."

Hermione blinked. A smile spread across her face. " Oh...okay," she couldn't think of anything else to say.

She followed Professor McGonagall to a slightly larger dorm.

The door swung open, and there stood Draco Malfoy.

" He's Head Boy?!" Hermione exclaimed, and Draco's eyes widened.

" Yes, Miss Granger," Professor said. " Now, from the experience of past Head boy and Head girl, I don't expect any funny business or your teenage sexual hormones expressed in any inappropriate ways, am I understood?"

I flushed red, and nodded urgently.

She left the room, and an awkward silence filled the air.

I attempted to speak. " So, I'm sorry-"

" Shut up, Mudblood," Draco- I mean Malfoy- interrupted coldly.

I felt a strange pang at my heart, considering the insults didn't usually bother me. I narrowed my eyes.

" Well, I thought you changed, but it turns out your the same cold blooded, cruel, death eater you were last year."

" I said shut up!" He slams his hand down onto the table. It was scary considering just a few moments ago he was confessing that he liked me.

" Whatever," I left the room, slamming the door loudly behind me.

****

I pounded my fist on Ginny and Harry's dorm room door.

The door swung open, revealing Ginny.

" What's the matter?"

" I'm Head Girl."

She knitted her eyebrows together. " Why is that a problem?"

I bite my lip. " Because now I'm living with Malfoy."

She still looked confused. " I thought you two were together?"

" No, it was just to make Ron jealous, but I'm pretty sure I'm over him now."

We sat down on her bed.

" Don't let Malfoy's insults get to you 'Mione," she reminds.

" I know."

Suddenly Harry and Ron come stumbling through the doorway.

" YOU'RE DATING MALFOY?!" Ron rumbles. I roll my eyes, not affected by his loud voice.

" No, it was just a prank," I reassure. His chest heaves in relief, as does Harry. I wonder how he would react if Malfoy and I were actually dating.

Harry steps forward. " We have some news."

I nod. " We're going to leave Hogwarts until March," he blurts.

Ginny bursts into tears. " You're leaving me?"

Harry rushes to her side. " No, no, Ron and I think we just need to bond as friends."

Ginny still sobs, hugging Harry. " You'll still have Hermione. Don't worry it's only two months," Harry says, concerned.

" Our train is leaving now," Ron says. Harry gives Ginny a tender kiss, and then goes over to hug me.

He whispers to me, " Take care of my Ginny."

I nod.

I can't help but envy what undying love they hold for each other.

****